Job role: Argus Safety Specialist
Location: Durham, NC
Duration: 6 months+
Under limited guidance, manages and coordinates the qualification and deployment of systems. Also provides level 3 support
services for regional and global business applications. Collaborates with business leaders, end users, other IT departments,
and software vendors to develop and provide appropriate support strategies for regional and global business applications.
Collaborates with various groups to assist in the production of the system architecture and data model. Assists in the vendor
and product selection process and identifies new technologies and assists in the determination of support requirements.
Serves in a lead capacity for other Product Support Specialists.
• Provide level 3 support for internal and external end users for PC and servers Interact with software vendors, Infrastructure services, and/or Applications Development to restore service and/or correct core problems.
• Communicate IT issues to business units at various levels of seniority.
• Manage and coordinate the implementation of internal, external and off-the-shelf business applications with all IT and business groups.
• Coordinate validation activities related to the deployment of business applications.
• Coordinate with internal and external service providers in the area of incident, problem, and change management,
• Capacity planning and troubleshooting, representing the interests of supported business groups.
• Work closely with customers to identify business requirements and opportunities in relation to IT systems and services.
• Assist in the production of the data model and the system's architecture.
• Assist in the selection of hardware and software including due diligence activities.
• Maintain knowledge of the IT industry, analyse the abilities of tools and technologies and compare with the needs of the business, recommend potential solutions to managers within the business.
All responsibilities are essential job functions unless noted as nonessential (N).
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Solid technical background and experience related to
o Argus Safety
o Argus Insight
o BIP / OBIEE reporting
o Oracle SQL and PL/SQL
• Possesses fine-tuned analytical skills and/or programming experience
• Relational database experience
• Strong PC-based troubleshooting skills
• System deployment/implementation expertise specifically related to Argus Safety and relevant integrations
• Possesses solid written and verbal skills
• Possesses leadership and mentoring skills
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree in Information Management or business related fields preferred
• 5 years business experience; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Extensive use of telephone and face-to-face communication requiring accurate perception of speech
• Extensive use of keyboard and mouse requiring repetitive motion of fingers and wrists
• Regular sitting for extended periods of time
• May be required to perform duties outside working hours. This will be managed according to the applicable country legislation.
- Business Requirements
- Capacity Planning
- Change Management
- Coaching And Mentoring