To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Blue Springs, MO
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Machinist 1- Night Shift
Fike Corporation • Blue Springs, MO
Posted 4 hours ago
Machinist 1- Night Shift
Fike Corporation, a rapidly growing international manufacturer of pressure relief, explosion protection, fire suppression and detection equipment, has an opportunity for a Machinist 1- Night Shift.
Fike is a privately held business located in Blue Springs, MO with over 400 employees locally & over 1,200 employees worldwide.
Operates conventional, special purpose, numerical control (NC) machines, computer numerical control (CNC), and machining centers to manufacture parts from order specifications. Materials for parts used may include ordinary and alloy steel, cast iron, brass, bronze and other metals in the form of sheet metal, round bar, forging, castings and rolled steel parts.
- Operates drill presses, lathes and other machines where complex setups, fixtures and tooling are furnished by others.
- Operates machine on trial run according to job order specifications to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining and makes simple adjustments and notifies lead machinist or supervisor when more complex tool or machine adjustments are required.
- Conducts in-process inspection.
- Lifts, moves, clamps and bolts dies and fixtures on machines. Brushes or blows dirt from dies.
- Fills tanks and oil cups with lubricants.
- Removes machined parts and scrap from machines.
- Files, grinds, or scrapes sharp edges, burrs, scales or rust from machined parts.
- Uses simple instruments to check work.
- Deburrs and cleans machined parts. Grinds and/or sharpens cutting tools, drill bits, brazed tips and carbide inserts.
- Completes all required work order reporting and documentation.
- Cleans work area, tools, and equipment.
- Adheres to safety practices and procedures.
- Follows procedures as defined by Fike policies, procedures and ISO9001 requirements.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Regular and consistent attendance is required.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; use hand to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds using appropriate moving devices. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The employee is frequently exposed to guarded moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- High School Diploma or a General Educational Development Diploma (GED).
- Six months machinist experience or six months Vo-Tech training.
- Ability to read, interpret, and follow instructions, work orders and engineered drawings.
We offer our employees a competitive benefits package which includes:
- Comprehensive Medical & Dental Plan
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Profit Sharing
- Education Assistance
Refer to Job #2019.06. To be considered for this position, an application must be completed by 05/31/2019. Please visit our web site @ www.fike.com to fill out an on-line application.