Design, develop, and execute software verification tests for medical devices following *** work instructions. Analyze software requirements and design specifications for testability. Develop functional, integration, interface, and unit tests for software applications and firmware using knowledge of test methods, equipment, and platforms. Create test scripts for automated verification tests.
• Designs, implements, debugs, and executes software tests according to corporate policies and business operating procedures on new and sustaining engineering projects.
• Works independently with minimal supervision on routine activities. Collaborates on unusual/complex issues and approval on plans and larger-scale designs.
• Participates in test reviews to identify issues and provide recommendations.
• Mentors more junior engineers to propagate good test design principles and practices.
• Investigates new test technologies and tools.
• Creates software test process documentation to include verification plans, designs, and protocols.
• Performs unit, integration, and system testing and capacity / performance testing of applications.
• Documents defects capturing steps to reproduce and information for debugging.
• Reviews test plans and designs with development engineers.
• Implements test automation initiatives.
• Identifies and procures tools and technologies as appropriate for test designs and execution.
• Implements and maintains test automation framework.
• Validates software test tools according to corporate procedures.
• Creates automated test procedures using appropriate scripting and tools to support project's needs.
• Collects data to generate metrics to assess test progress and software quality.
• Requires 4+ years of progressive engineering experience in the development and verification of software and firmware systems
• Bachelor in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Software Engineering. (A degree in another Engineering discipline may be acceptable with proven software education and/or training and demonstrated software experience.)
• Experience working in medical device industry or other regulated industry is highly desirable which require formalized software development processes and software risk management.
• Demonstrated competence within a software development organization.
• Team player with abilty to work independently or within project teams with general guidance.
• Ability to solve engineering tasks through accurate interpretation of requirements and test results.
• Strong communication and problem solving skills.
• Experience in developing and executing unit, integration,and functional software tests.
• Competent in scripting languages such as Python and Perl.
• Practical experience in C/C++ object-oriented analysis and programming, and multi-threaded/multi-tasking programming is desired.
• Understanding of development for a resource-constrained target environment with specific performance requirements is desired.
• Experience in development using multiple operating systems, which may include real-time operating systems (RTOS) such as RTXC, ThreadX, and QNX as well as traditional operating systems such as Linux, Windows (standard or embedded), Windows CE (Embedded Compact) is preferred.
• Experience using defect management and test management tools is preferred.
• Experience in the development and verification of embedded systems consisting of microcontrollers or PLCs is preferred.
• Understanding of usability / human factors and developing and verifying language localization solutions is desired.
• Experience with ALM and test tools is highly desirable. Examples include IBM Rational tools, PTC Integrity, Client QA Center, LDRA, C Unit, and Labview.
• Experience performing software requirement analysis is required.
• Knowledge of software development standards such as the IEEE series, IEC-62304, etc. is desired.
• Travel up to 10% (including international).
Nesco Resource is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.