To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Boston, MA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Create an Account with CareerBuilder to save jobs & unlock these great features
See similar job titles and skills to help you make your next move
Upload a resume and become visible to Hiring Managers and Employers
Compare Salary Information to see where you stand amongst your peers
Easily Quick Apply to jobs with just one click!
Email Send Failed!
Business Development Manager- Philidelphia, PA or Baltimore, MD
Veolia North America • Boston, MA
Posted 9 days ago
Degree - 4 Year Degree
Other Great Industries
Business Development, Sales, General Business, Management
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The primary objectives for this role are to initiate and qualify new prospects, make sales calls and visits, and sell SourceOne’s energy services, which encompass integrated solutions throughout the energy value chain—supply, demand, operations, and data analytics. The ideal candidate will be expected to have a strong working knowledge of commodity procurement services, energy portfolio management, energy market advising, submetering and real-time energy management,. Additional competency with microgrid development, project management services, energy infrastructure master planning, and organizational assessment studies will enhance your value to the Company.
You will be expected to develop and maintain strong business relationships with customers in the New York metropolitan area and nationally. The Business Development Manager is responsible for identifying and developing integrated energy service solutions for clients such as, commodity procurement, infrastructure development, and sustainable energy initiatives.
The SourceOne Business Development Manager must pursue and delivery agreed-upon sales targets quantified in overall gross margin, customer numbers, and energy volumes. Acting as the primary client liaison, you will establish and manage networks of large municipal, commercial, and industrial accounts; creating business through networking and organized prospecting. You will develop and execute market sales activity, with a keen focus on potential cost savings and value-generated opportunities. You must be flexible and adaptable across different territories, enacting tailored sales strategies that maximize company objectives and target clients’ and communities’ specific needs.
Crucially, you will identify and qualify new prospects, obtain needed technical and usage information, and successfully negotiate and close deals within an appropriate time frame. In tandem with the SourceOne Marketing Team, you will formulate and draft technical proposals that reflect your knowledge and strategic approach in developing new projects. You will interface cooperatively and effectively with members of the SourceOne team, including operations, finance, legal, insurance, and risk management, throughout the entire sales process.
Applicants are expected to have a deep knowledge of New York metropolitan area and a working knowledge of ISO-NE and PJM-ISO markets and to remain current on the competition and market conditions.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, Marketing, Management, or a similar discipline
- 5-7 years’ experience in direct/outside sales and marketing consultative selling
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a commercial industry
- Prior experience selling consultative services - the ideal candidate will have an established network of large commercial or industrial accounts
- A demonstrable, successful track record in selling and closing contracts
- Strong presentation skills and ability to explain complex concepts and discrete technical information in a clear and engaging manner - this includes service, product, and customer knowledge; and ability to educate potential clients on pricing, scope of work, and our competitive advantages
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to establish rapport with clients through regular contact by phone, e-mail, and in-person
- Strong negotiating skills and holistic view of opportunities, identifying potential issues early and suggesting actionable solutions
- Desire to succeed both individually and as part of a team - ability to work both independently without direct supervision and as a collaborative, contributing team player
- Positive, professional demeanor with a detailed-oriented focus, demonstrable organizational skills, and follow-through ability
- Ability to learn salient details about new products and services quickly; adaptability to a changing and fast-paced business and sales environment
- Effective problem-solving abilities - must be able to offer practical approaches and thinking, and offer sound analysis and judgment in decisions and recommendations
SourceOne, a division of Veolia North America, helps our clients take full advantage of the opportunities provided by the competitive energy markets for electricity and natural gas, while navigating around the pitfalls that can arise in this open marketplace. The ability to purchase energy from competitive suppliers enables clients to source power and gas from the lowest cost supplier, and to employ active hedging strategies to more efficiently manage cash flows in both the short and long-term. Managing an energy portfolio requires a thorough procurement strategy tailored to each client; a solid understanding of both the global and local energy markets; proper budgeting, forecasting and risk analysis; and active oversight of current demand, prices and hedges.
As a Veolia subsidiary, we offer our clients a wide range of environmental solutions and help address their environmental and sustainability challenges. By blending our innovative business model with our employees’ skills in operations, engineering, and technology, we are able to supply our customers with the complete package. At Veolia, we are more than the world’s leading provider of environmental solutions – we are dedicated to customized, cost-effective solutions that reflect best practices, environmental protection, and a better quality of life!
Veolia is a dynamic and rewarding place to work – our management team values and recognizes the unique talents and potential of all employees. In addition, we offer our employees excellent rewards and a dynamic, professional work environment. We also provide a comprehensive benefit package to our employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, employee matched 401(k) retirement plan, tuition reimbursement plan, paid time off for vacation, sick and personal leave, and much more.
Job ID: 100752
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.