To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Portland, OR
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Senior Counsel (Origination) (REN 761)
AVANGRID, Inc • Portland, OR
Posted 5 days ago
The successful candidate will be an integral member of a team providing legal counsel and support to Avangrid Renewables utilizing global best practices. This position will provide legal support principally to the origination, asset management and other business groups on legal matters relating to offtake agreements and other transactions relating to onshore and offshore renewable energy projects, as well as provide other general legal support to the Company.
This position reports to the General Counsel for Avangrid Renewables in Portland, Oregon. There are no direct reports to this position.
- Provides legal counsel and advice to origination, asset management and other business areas with respect to offtake, trading and other agreements relating to renewable energy projects
- Represents the company in major transactions and negotiations
- Reviews and drafts contracts and other legal documents to which Avangrid Renewables and its subsidiaries and affiliate companies are a party
- Performs other projects as assigned
Skills and Requirements
- J.D. degree
- State bar admission in Oregon or ability to waive into Oregon Bar
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience counseling renewable energy companies (or comparable experience in the sector) at a major law firm or as in-house counsel.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, with emphasis on clear and concise writing that can be understood by employees at all levels
- Superior attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to lead and manage multiple projects, work independently, and meet deadlines
- Ability to obtain and analyze information from multiple sources, and to objectively develop, challenge, and verify conclusions
- Ability to securely handle sensitive, confidential, and privileged information.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Able to analyze complex legal issues and advise on appropriate corporate response
- Strong experience with common business software tools, such as Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel)
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a medical Fit for Duty exam (only if applicable to job requirements), background check, references, drug screen, verification of legal right to work in the U.S., and in some cases, a credit check. A credit check will be administered when a prospective employee will be working in Finance, Accounting, Treasury or where duties may involve handling of funds, accounts or cash. A Motor Vehicle (MVR) check will be administered when a prospective employee will be regularly using a company vehicle.
AVANGRID’s employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more about equal employment by following this link
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 203-499-2777 or firstname.lastname@example.org