Have you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
The Regional Communications Specialist is responsible for working with Corporate Affairs team and Business Unit leadership team to create, execute and oversee internal communications programs to effectively inform and build engagement among associates in the Business Unit. Varying tasks including creation and execution of print and online materials, leadership communications, digital board content development and management and corporate videos, event planning and internal communication strategy. The Communications Specialist will report to regional Human Relations Director with close relationship to Corporate Affairs Manager in corporate headquarters.
**This role has the ability to be remote. **
Key Job Responsibilities:
Research, write and edit high-quality, original content for Business Unit leadership team that demonstrates a deep understanding of their leadership style, company/Business Unit objectives and our Mission, Vision, Beliefs for use across various internal channels, including email, digital signage, and video.
- Publish final approved content on various digital platforms such as the intranet, digital signage and Yammer, ensuring accuracy prior to launching in the live environment.
- Manage a wide range of internal communication projects with end-to-end accountability. Provide expertise and advice to internal clients on messaging, delivery method and presentation of material based on platforms used to help drive results and support business objectives.
- Interact with all levels of management and associates to bring projects to completion. Ensure projects are completed according to client objectives and timelines.
- Coordinate logistics, agendas, presentations and talking points for internal events such as leadership meetings and broadcasts.
- Implement and leverage employee feedback channels on executive communication, monitor real-time feedback, and analyze data.
- Propose and apply best practices to extend reach and readership of internal channels and to keep company messaging is forward-looking and innovative.
- Manage the overall Business Unit Communications calendar, oversee publication reviews, and partner with Corporate Affairs team to ensure messaging is integrated, creative and consistent.
- Work closely with stakeholders like Legal and Human Resources to execute messaging for sensitive issues and crises.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (“BBUSA”) includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Marketing or Communications.
- A combination of education, training and experience that results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be substituted.
- Must be a confident communicator and presenter.
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout and design, professional printing/publishing skills are essential, including ability to present concepts verbally.
- Must possess excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Superior project management and time management skills.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude.
- Experience in a matrixed communications role.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media.
- Understanding of graphic design, video production and SharePoint.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be requested to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.