To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Newark, DE 19711
- Alexis Delle Donne
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Associate Scientist I
QPS Holdings, LLC • Newark, DE
Posted 1 month ago
QPS, LLC is an innovative and dynamic Contract Research Organization (CRO) that has been assisting pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device companies with their drug development efforts by providing a full range of GLP-compliant bioanalysis, DMPK, and protein/genomic biomarker services since 1995. Please visit our website (www.qps.com) for more information and to see all current openings.
The Translational Medicine (TLM) department of QPS is comprised of four laboratory operations units: Biomarker Analysis (BMA), Gene & Sequence Analysis (GSA), Immunobioanalysis (IBA), and Protein Mass Spec Analysis (PMA). An Associate Scientist in any of these units will be a fully-supervised trainee, responsible for gaining mastery of GCP and GDP, conducting assigned studies according to study protocols, and recording study results and observations.
Our TLM department is continuing to expand, and has positions available in most of the above units. If you have a Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Immunology or other related disciplines and want to be part of an organization and industry that is making a difference, we would like to hear from you.
• Perform routine lab operations, such as preparing reagents, pipetting, weighing, monitoring, recording, and replenishing supplies
• Assist supervisor in performing analysis of drug or other targets in complex biologic matrices
• Set-up, use and maintain complex instrumentation
• Document experiment details, calculations, results and observations in accordance with GLPs and SOPs
• Perform routine mathematical & chemical calculations
• Follow safety rules. Organize and conduct work assignments in a safe manner and according to SOPs and GLP regulations
• Use equipment appropriately and maintain equipment and work areas in an orderly and clean condition, reporting any malfunction immediately to supervisor
• Attention to Detail
• Solid organizational skills
• Ability to juggle multiple projects/priorities
• Strong communication skills
• Solid data reduction and mathematical calculation skills
• Ability to operate relevant, standard, lab equipment, as well as demonstrated ability to learn new equipment
Education/Experience - The successful candidate will hold a degree in Biochemistry, Immunology, Pharmacology, Medical Technology, Biology or a related field as follows:
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Associate’s Degree plus ≥ 2 years relevant experience
QPS, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. In accordance with federal, state, and local laws, we recruit, hire, promote and evaluate all personnel without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship status, physical disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Job applicants and present employees are evaluated solely on ability, experience, and the requirements of the job. In addition, QPS, LLC is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.