Design Project Leader - II
Honda has a clear vision for the future in 2030, and it’s a joyful one. We are looking for people with the individual skills, courage, persistence, and dreams that will help us reach our future-focused goals. We are seeking diversity of thought and experience to drive innovation and help us make fully informed decisions.
In this role, Design Project Leader-II leads a cross functional design team for New Model change projects to define the detailed plan to execute ATV/SxS development while achieving quality, cost and delivery (QCD) targets. Projects are medium to large minor model changes (CS-Large to DF Flow).
At Honda, our associates take pride in their responsibilities. A typical day for a Design Project Leader will include:
- Collaborate with LPL to set a development executive plan for design team that achieves quality, cost and delivery. Breakdown clear targets, work packages and schedules for the project team to achieve the project milestones thru the project lifecycle from concept to production launch.
- Collaborate with the project team (including Japan Engine Development) and suppliers to define vehicle performance and design specifications that achieves the overall vehicle concept including sales, manufacturing and purchasing viewpoints.
- Manage complete vehicle spec cost to achieve model specific sales and profit targets. Collaborate with cost planning, purchasing and cost PL to support cost evaluations. Manage complete vehicle spec weight to achieve model specific performance targets.
- Lead cross functional design team for problem solving and countermeasure activity while balancing development OCD. Apply situational leadership principles to navigate diverse viewpoints, unique technical challenges and business constraints.
- Coordinate with project management, management and technical leadership to ensure project teams readiness for major milestones such as drawing issues, build events and technical evaluations. Monitor project risks and elevate concerns to project stakeholders.
We are looking for qualified people with diverse backgrounds and experiences, open minds, and a disciplined work ethic. To bring the future to Honda as a Design Project Leader, you must have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent related work experience
- 10 years of related work experience
- Demonstrated experience & knowledge of Powersports Product Development
- Ability to understand CAD layout, drawings and technical data
- Strong leadership, negotiation, diplomacy and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent multi-tasking, prioritizing and decision making skills
- Ability to positively influence and motivate team members
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Microsoft office tools (word, excel, powerpoint)
- Ability to travel typically 1-3 time per month
- Ability to work overtime based on project demand
Knowledge and Skills
- Problem solving and decision making
- Multi-tasking, prioritization and results oriented
- Conflict resolution and negotiating with diplomacy
- Team building while staying results oriented
Competitive Base Pay Medical, Dental, Vision
Remote Work Opportunities Bonus Program
401K Program Honda Product Programs
Company Car Program
Honda is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.
- Decision Making
- Interpersonal Skills
- Complex Problem Solving
- Requirement Prioritization