$5,000 Sign-on Bonus for External Candidates
At UnitedHealthcare, we’re simplifying the health care experience, creating healthier communities and removing barriers to quality care. The work you do here impacts the lives of millions of people for the better. Come build the health care system of tomorrow, making it more responsive, affordable and equitable. Ready to make a difference? Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As part of a care management team who will manage a caseload of complex members, the Field Care Coordinator - Licensed Social Worker or LPN, will be the primary care manager for elderly and/or disabled members with complex medical/ behavioral health needs in the LTSS CHOICES program. Care coordination activities will focus on supporting member’s medical, behavioral, and socioeconomic needs to promote appropriate utilization of services and improved quality of care.
This is a remote, home-based position with field responsibilities approximately 50% to 75% of the time.
If you are located in Shelby County, or the very close surrounding area in Tennessee, , you will have the flexibility to work remotely* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Serve as primary care manager for elderly and/or disabled members who live in individual housing, community-based housing (ALF or CLS homes) or nursing facilities
- Engage members and/or their families face-to-face and/or telephonically to complete a comprehensive needs assessment, including assessment of medical, behavioral, functional, cultural, and socioeconomic (SDoH) needs
- Develop and implement individualized, person-centered care plans inclusive of goals, opportunities and interventions aligned with a person’s readiness to change to support the best health and quality of life outcomes by meeting the member where they are
- Partner and collaborate with internal care team, providers, and community resources/partners to implement care plan
- Provide referral and linkage as appropriate and accepted by member (may include internal consult opportunities such as Housing Navigator, Pharmacy Team, Peer Specialist, etc. or community-based provider referrals such as PCP, specialists, medication assisted therapy referrals, etc.)
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Current, unrestricted independent licensure as a Social Worker (LBSW, LMSW, LPC or LCSW) in Tennessee or LPN with 5+ years of direct experience licensed in Tennessee
- 2+ years of clinical experience working within the community health setting or in a health care role
- 1+ years of experience with local community support organizations addressing SDoH (e.g., food banks, non-emergent transportation, utility assistance, housing / rapid re-housing assistance, etc.)
- 1+ years of experience with MS Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Reliable transportation and live in Shelby County, TN or a very close surrounding area, with the ability to travel throughout the county to meet with members and providers approximately 50% to 75% of the time
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Certified Case Manager (CCM)
- Background in managing populations with complex medical or behavioral needs
- Background in Managed Care
- Experience working in team-based care
- Case management experience
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
•All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign On Bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a Sign On Bonus.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.