To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Nashua, NH 03064
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Mechanical Engineering Summer Intern 4 (Class of 2019 or Graduate students)
BAE Systems • Nashua, NH
Posted 7 days ago
The Electronic Systems’ Hardware Engineering Department is seeking candidates for 2019 mechanical engineering summer internships supporting all aspects of the engineering development and manufacturing lifecycle. At BAE Systems, we deliver a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services.
Opportunities exist supporting a variety of efforts in engineering development, integration, test and transition to production efforts on complex electronic and mechanical systems.
Roles and Responsibilities may include:
- Provide engineering support to the design, development and selection of basic hardware components utilizing fundamental mechanical engineering principles, theories and techniques.
- Obtain working knowledge of company tools. Perform analyses and compile data for investigation by senior engineering personnel.
- Assist in the design and fabrication of prototype hardware. Support the environmental testing of hardware including: vibration, shock, thermal, fatigue and others as required. Document results for review by senior engineering personnel.
- Support assemblers, technicians and inspectors for manufacturing issues on new and existing products.
- Develop or improve test fixtures, tooling, manufacturing processes and other procedures for new and existing product builds to reduce defects and improve yields.
- Participate in and document corrective action requests using 9 Step problem solving methodology.
- Other duties and responsibilities as required.
Internships at BAE Systems feature additional opportunities including:
- Networking with BAE Systems employees and interns.
- Participation in a summer-long non-technical intern project, in addition to engineering assignment.
- Informational sessions on a variety of topics exclusively for interns.
Pursuing a BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering (or equivalent), having completed four years of schooling by Summer 2019. Must be continuing education as a graduate student or participating in a 5-year undergraduate program.
Minimum 3.0 GPA.
Eligible for DOD Security Clearance.
Ability to research and apply mechanical engineering principles and theories to solve mechanical engineering problems.
Motivated self-starter with leadership skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Excellent problem solving skills, judgment, and analytical capability.
Ability to close on discrete tasking in a timely manner.
Strong technical writing and verbal communication skills.
Experience in Creo, AutoCAD, ANSYS, Siemens NX or MATLAB is a plus.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression