Kforce has a client that is seeking a Junior Windows Systems Administrator in Austin, Texas (TX).
About the role:
This position is responsible for the safety and security of some of the most important data on the planet, healthcare data. Your focus will be on the operational posture of our production environment with a close working relationship with all business functions within the company. We expect this person to continually drive improvements in production operations while collaborating with the product and development teams to help set infrastructure and security priorities. The right candidate for this role will be well versed in networking concepts like VPN, routing, NAT and security protocols.
Responsibilities will include:
- Developing scripting/automation recipes for network devices and Microsoft Azure services
- Windows server administration and configuration management of virtual machines clustered in our IaaS environment
- Emphasis will also be placed on contributing to our infrastructure monitoring and alerting capabilities for our IaaS and PaaS resources
- Experience with Windows systems deployment and administration concepts
- High degree of understanding of networking concepts like VPNs, NAT, IP routing, ACLs
- Extensive experience with server virtualization platforms (VMware, Hyper-V)
- Experience with Application security, L7 routing concepts, IDM solutions and API gateways
- Experience with Active Directory and OAuth
- Experience with production monitoring software for vulnerability scanning, threat detection, resource monitoring and threshold alerting
- Experience with identity management/federated identity solutions
- Experience with Agile methodologies and supporting tools such as Jira and Confluence
- Experience with configuration and change management tools
Nice to haves for this role:
- Cloud IaaS and PaaS experience in Azure, including direct VPNs, virtual networking, VM automation and container orchestration
- In depth knowledge of f5 and related concepts like iRules, data groups, APM, iControl REST and L2L VPN
- Experience with SIEM systems like Splunk and SumoLogic
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Platform As A Services
Infrastructure As A Service (Iaa S)