Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Manager, Hospital System Process Improvement is an opportunity for a self-driven, collaborative acuter care case manager to partner with Optum leadership, remote and onsite teams to lead, assess, develop and implement an integrated, cohesive solution across Optum business units and key client services. This role is critical to ensuring Optum meets and exceeds our client expectations to Care Management and Clinical Variation services. The Manager will have a client- and patient-centric approach to program management, balanced with meeting Optum financial and non-financial business goals. We are looking for a proactive professional who is client savvy and can effectively execute against business objectives. This individual will work with leadership to structure to ensure seamless, consistent delivery of services and solutions.
The successful candidate must be passionate about driving improvements in performance, effective at working in a fast-paced, high energy environment and confident in their interactions with senior executives, providers, and business partners.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Supports the project team by participating in assessment, solution design, implementation, execution through coordination, documentation, and tracking metrics and outcome activities
- Supports the combined client and Optum Hospital System Performance Improvement team by identifying opportunities and risks, facilitating solutions, and maintaining alignment with cross-functional priorities
- Works directly with the frontline leadership and client on daily operational development
- Drives clear, concise lines of communication with key stakeholders across Optum and client teams in coordination with the director to ensure effective implementation of service commitments and capturing needs for project success
- Ensures cross-project cohesion by identifying areas of dependency and collaboration, scheduling and facilitating team meetings to ensure cross-business organization and harmonization
- Supports client relationship and program management activities, including but not limited to:
- Manages historical, current, and future state Care Management and Clinical Variation services content, ensuring accessibility to team members
- Manages and tracks the Care Management and Clinical Variation project plans and scoping documents, including tasks, activities, and milestones in partnership with the assigned consultants
- Organizes status reports, identifying and escalating risks and issues when appropriate
- Manages and tracks Care Management and Clinical Variation data and information requests and documentation
- Coordinates across business units to create cohesive, client-ready business deliverables; and
- Tracks performance against contractual obligations
- Provides thoughtful input to optimize overall Care Management and Clinical Variation performance, advising leaders on performance management and improvement activities
- Works with Care Management and Clinical Variation leadership to establish and track measured outcomes, criteria, standards, and levels using appropriate methods
- Supports service deployment and closely monitors performance, working with finance and operations to ensure financial viability and operational excellence
- Identifies business unit gaps and helps to develop action plans to mitigate risks and issues
- Helps to onboard new team members
- Builds trusting relationships with senior leaders, clinicians, and business partners
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Registered nurse, Bachelor of Nursing
- 5+ years of hospital care management including discharge planning and utilization management experience
- Experience with planning, organization, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in customer relationship management
- Self-guided, motivated, and able to simultaneously manage multiple activities with little direction
- Proven strategic thinking and business acumen with the ability to align clinical strategies and recommendations with business objectives
- Proven presentation, written and verbal communication skills, including communicating with senior leadership
- Proven track record of working collaboratively with internal business partners and stakeholders across a large matrixed organization
- Ability to develop relationships with clinicians and business leadership
- Adaptable and flexible style; able to thrive in fast-paced, ambiguous situations
- Travel 50 - 80%
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Master of Business Administration; Master of Health Administration
- Experience in hospital care management and/or leading complex clinical transformation consulting engagements resulting in significant recurring financial benefit
- Experience developing clinical transformation methodologies and designing innovative solutions in a complex and rapidly changing environment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job keywords: Case Manager Advisory Services, Case Manager, Advisory Services, Consulting, Health Care, Case Manager, Training, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote, WAH, Nashville, TN, Tennessee