To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Toano, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Avid Medical • Toano, VA
Posted 28 days ago
Runs daily financial activities for the facility, providing financial support to the General Manager and Operations Management team. Supervises and develops facility accounting staff. Monitors and controls facility budgetary performance. Completes month end reporting, including supporting schedules for the business unit's group financial reporting.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Supervises and develops facility accounting staff, ensuring adequate training and cross coverage.
2. Manages month-end manufacturing and cost/financial accounting close, ensuring the production of accurate and timely profit and lost (P&L) and balance sheets.
3. Monitors and controls facility budgetary performance. Develops and maintains effective costing systems, analyzing manufacturing costs and variances, and managing inventory and plant assets.
4. Prepares month-end management information reports and presentations, including analysis and graphs for all key manufacturing performance indicators.
5. Maintains cost accounting system, standards, data bases and files. Monitors and controls additions and modifications to standards and costing system, and develops annual detail standard costs.
6. Actively manages inventory to reduce obsolescence, losses and excess inventory holding.
7. Ensures inventory accuracy and valuation through accurate standard costs, bills of materials and routings, and participation in periodic cycle counts and annual physical inventory.
8. Ensures fixed asset registers are maintained and manages the annual fixed asset audit.
9. Prepares sales and margin analysis, investigating adverse margins.
10. Provides appropriate support for pricing, purchasing and other commercial decisions.
11. Performs statistical analyses to determine trends, estimates, and significant changes, writing reports explaining findings.
12. Initiates and participates in cost improvement programs and provides support to plant efficiency programs, including lean and six sigma projects.
13. Analyzes manufacturing operations and equipment availability, utilization and performance and recommends improvements.
14. Participates in the annual budgeting process, reporting according to timelines, ensuring budgetary controls and appropriate tracking mechanisms for target improvement areas are in place.
15. Develops the facility's financial processes to optimize efficiency and ensure accurate reporting and effective internal controls in place.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Performs additional duties as directed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Six (6) or more years of accounting/finance experience required (preferably in a medical device or manufacturing environment)
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability
- Working knowledge of MS Office including PowerPoint and Outlook; strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel; proficient in integrated accounting systems
- Proven experience in a high pressure and in a fast paced environment
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and establish priorities; stay organized and exercise flexibility when working on multiple projects
- Must have a strong accounting technical background
- Strong communication skills; able to communicate financial concepts to non-financial audiences
Ability to plan work for self and coordinate with others to meet multiple deadlines
Ability to work independently and as part of a team