Responsible for providing leadership and management to assigned projects in a safe, profitable, and timely manner. Manages the work in a manner consistent with standards of quality and integrity. Participates as requested in the marketing, estimating, bidding, and contract negotiation phases of the projects assigned. Primary function is to serve as champion for the execution of the work - preconstruction (when assigned) and construction.This position includes two "steps" (I, II), which provide for a progression of skill and experience. The Step I level is capable of less complex projects of $20 million and under in size and typically with 3 to 5 years of experience in this position. The Step II level is capable of medium scale projects of $20 - $50 million in size with typically 5 to 10 years of experience.
1. Champions the orderly, timely transition of projects from the estimating phase to the field. This transition shall include project review meetings, which encompass a review of contract requirements, general conditions, schedules, budgets, subcontracts, and purchase order agreements.
2. Completes close-out requirements and punch lists in a timely manner. Manages warranty callbacks quickly to maintain owner/client relationships.
3. Coordinates with the Project Superintendent the means and methods required for the successful and profitable execution of the work. Reviews and monitors manpower, equipment, and material resources to accomplish this goal.
4. Establishes the project charter and a comprehensive project management plan (PMP) including the project scope management plan, procurement plan, environmental plan, time management plan, financial plan, quality management and safety plans and risk management plan to ensure successful project execution. Demonstrates a thorough understanding of the change management process.
5. Has overall responsibility for project success, including profitability, safety, schedule, quality and customer satisfaction as well as responsibility for personnel decisions that impact the project. Plans, acquires, reviews, develops and manages the project
6. Manages all billings to ensure timely submission of payment applications and collection of payments from the owner in order to maintain a positive cash flow position. Manages the overall payment process and follows all prompt pay laws with the subcontractors.
7. Manages the development of the overall CPM schedule and assures coordination with the Project Superintendent and the procurement schedule with the Project Engineer. Ensures that as many levels of detailed schedules are prepared and distributed as required to support the project schedule. Pays special attention to prevention and documentation of delays or changes. Ensures that the Lean process is effectively utilized for all scheduling activities.
8. Participates in preparation and review of estimates with attention to the following: adherence to cost control system, equipment requirements and utilization, constructability, formwork, materials, manpower, general conditions, schedule, insurance, etc.
9. Participates in the business development process including client contacts, relationships, proposals, presentations, and negotiations for selected projects.
10. Prevents claims, identify potential claims, quantify, mitigate/resolve the effects of those that do occur on a timely basis.
11. Responsible for the preparation of Monthly Progress Report including accurate cost projections.
12. Responsible for the timely preparation and execution of purchase order agreements and subcontracts with respect to insurance certificates, bonds, and the appropriate lien waivers.
13. Responsible for understanding and administering prime contract terms and conditions, contract documents, subcontract agreements, purchase order agreements, insurance, etc. Oversees and ensures all the processes involved in budgeting and controlling costs so that the project can be completed within the approved budget. Demonstrates business acumen within area of responsibility.
14. Reviews, negotiates, and executes all change orders, supplements, and cost control budget adjustments.
Minimum Job Requirements
1. Experience in preconstruction and in managing construction projects.
2. Four-year construction-related degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or related experience.
3. Proficient use of all Microsoft Office Suite programs
4. Thorough knowledge of contract documents, materials, equipment utilization, scheduling systems, productivity analysis, construction operations, and cash flow procedures is essential.
Note: Job Description is subject to change at any time and may include other duties as assigned.
1. Ability to wear personal protective equipment is required (including but not limited to; steel toed shoes, gloves, safety glasses, hearing protection, hardhat, vest, etc.)
2. May reach above shoulder heights and below the waist on a frequent basis
3. May stoop, kneel, or bend, on an occasional basis
4. May use telephone, computer system, email, or other electronic devices on a limited basis to communicate with internal and external customers or vendors
5. Must be able to comply with all safety standards and procedures
6. Occasionally will climb stairs, ladders, etc.
7. Required to use hands to grasp, lift, handle, carry or feel objects on a frequent basis
8. Will interact with people frequently during a shift/work day
9. Will lift, push or pull objects on an occasional basis
10. Will sit, stand or walk short distances for up to the entire duration of a shift/work day.
Note: Jobs with the Safety-Sensitive designation are those that include tasks or duties that the employer reasonably believes could affect the safety and health of the employee performing the task or others such as operating a vehicle, operating equipment, operating machinery or power tools, repairing/maintaining the operation of any vehicle/equipment, the handling/disposal/transport of hazardous materials, or the handling/treatment/disposal of potentially flammable/combustible materials.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: Sundt is committed to the equal treatment of all employees, and/or applicants for employment, and prohibits discrimination based on race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, color, age, disability, national origin, covered veteran status, genetic information; or any other classification protected by applicable Federal, state, or local laws.
- Project Management
- Appointment Scheduling
- Project Coordination