Apex Systems is currently looking for Electrical Engineers in Roanoke, VA.
Individual will perform engineering studies including powerflow analysis using complex power systems models to determine ideal system outage scheduling and coordination in support of operations.
Minimum Duties & Responsibilities for this position include:
- Performing power-flow analyses in support of various activities.
- Developing and maintaining power system models.
- Experience doing short circuit analysis.
- Reviewing system event records and performing post-event analyses
- Documenting, communicating, and presenting study results & procedures
- Knowledge of power system behavior and general power industry structure
- Clear and effective oral and written communication
- Effective interpersonal and team-work skills
- Ability to work independently and collaborate across departmental boundaries
- Ability to work with unstructured problems and assignments requiring flexibility, cross-functional collaboration, and personal initiative to define and achieve
- Ability to plan, organize, and execute work assignments, take initiative to solve problems, and make decisions within established policies and procedures
- Computer skills using Microsoft Windows based tools (Windows, Office, etc)
- Bachelor's degree or advanced degree in Electrical Engineering or Electric Power Engineering in a program accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET).
If interested, please send updated resumes to Hannah at [ Email removed ] - URL blocked - click to apply
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [ Phone number blocked ] - ||