Job Posting Title
Packaging Machine Operator, 2nd ShiftPosition Summary
Operate / tend machines to prepare products for final packaging and preparation of shipment. Responsible for working the packaging machine to ensure quality and conformity of filled or packaged products to standards. Tasks include sorting, grading, weighing, and inspecting products, verifying and adjusting product weight or measurement to meet specifications.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Adheres to all FPC established GMP’s.
- Conducts assigned work in a safe manner and adheres to FPC safety methods.
- Conducts visual quality checks.
- Ensures packaging material (i.e., film, cartons, boxes, etc.,) meets specifications and meets FPC quality standards.
- Feeds product to conveyors, hoppers, scales, or other feeding devices.
- Inspects filled container to ensure that product is packaged according to specifications.
- Performs minor adjustments or repairs and/or clears away damaged product containers.
- Mounts supplies on spindles or places supplies in hopper or other feeding devices. Knows and understands capabilities of equipment as well as standards and proper set points (i.e., metal detectors, check weights, Ishida scales, etc.).
- Operates touch screen to program code date, product weight, etc.
- Positions product in cups, scales, etc., to ensure the product is packaged accordingly.
- Removes rejected product when metal detector sounds off.
- Replenishes packaging supplies such as plastic wrap, boxes, cartons, labels, etc.
- Starts machine and observes operation to detect malfunctions of machine. Record reasons for down time and effectively communicates them.
- Stops machine and reports malfunction to supervisor if applicable.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
- Back-up to Machine Operator in his/her absence: Machine Operator
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Able to read, write and communicate effectively in English.
- Be at work as scheduled and in a timely manner.
- Ability to work scheduled shift.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Capable of understanding time tracking objectives with the ability to swipe into orders and perform other objectives of the system.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Possesses basic arithmetic skills.
- Promote teamwork, possess a good attitude, and exhibit flexibility and willingness to perform task as needed.
- Ensures compliance with AIB, SQF, and other relevant standards.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, and the noise level in the environment is loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to occasionally, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 40 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision and distance vision.
Packaging And Labeling