Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, we invest over $450 million in technology every year so that we can continue to develop state-of-the-art solutions for our customers. Are you ready to take your career to the next level with a rapidly expanding global company? As the Software Developer, you will be responsible for analyzing business problems, proposing software solutions, providing estimates and converting system designs and technical specifications into program code for moderately sized applications. Become a part of our dynamic team and we'll help you develop to a level that will exceed your expectations.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Design, develop and maintain Warehouse Management Systems (WMS); understand the functionality and configuration of the WMS
- Act as part of a cross-functional team in an agile development environment
- Design and develop responsive user interfaces that integrate with web APIs
- Research and implement new mobile user engagement features, leveraging advanced device capabilities
- Design and develop web APIs
- Participate in design/code review sessions and continuous process improvement efforts
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, MIS or related technical field, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- 3 years of experience in IT solutions development with strong knowledge of the IT software development life cycle
- Ability to design and code responsive UI for web applications
- Strong skills in angular with experience-based knowledge of best practices and commonly used modules
- Familiarity with continuous integration and proficiency with version tools like Git, TFS and SVN
- Availability for periodic 24/7 on-call support as required by team’s rotation schedule
It’d be great if you also have:
- Experience in mobile app design and development for Android
- Development experience with Microservices, REST API in C#/.NET, Entity Framework and LINQ
- Experience in UX design or strong knowledge of UX design principles
- Skills in Oracle database and procedural language (PL/SQL)
- Knowledge of WMS, manufacturing, logistics planning, scheduling concepts and general transportation management
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team – energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
C Sharp (Programming Language)