Help at Home is the nation’s leading provider of high-quality support services to seniors and people with disabilities. Our clients need us more than ever to continue living independently in their own homes while staying safe from high-risk facilities. We were recently ranked by Forbes as the #8 Best Employer for New Graduates.
We are currently seeking an Area Director for Home Care Services to support locations in the greater Chicagoland suburbs and surrounding areas. Area Directors typically travel throughout the assigned region, and can be based out of any existing branch location.
The Area Director is responsible for business operations in an assigned group of locations, including but not limited to achieving the business objectives of the assigned area, generating revenue, and ensuring that the highest quality of service is delivered to our clients.
This position requires extraordinary interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to effectively mentor and train Branch Managers leading them to individual success. Strategic thinking in areas such as marketing, recruitment, staff development, process improvement and retention, while maintaining a high degree of professionalism are all key components of the position. The ideal candidate will be a natural problem solver, have the ability to take charge, lead, and motivate a team all while maintaining high standards of ethics and integrity.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the overall clinical, HR and financial operations of home care division.
- Working with governing board to maintain full responsibility of the overall functions of financial areas and cost controls, adhere to financial and accounting policies and procedures and manage expenditures in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Take action, make decisions and shape team priorities to achieve branch clinical and operational goals.
- Monitor and report out on daily, weekly & monthly KPIs; adjust business operations based on trends, in order to ensure budgetary goals are met
- Ensure effective and on-going, on-the-job training of branch staff, record individual and team performance, provide coaching and counseling and make appropriate developmental recommendations to the managing and governing board.
- Establish criteria and/or work procedures to achieve a high level of quality, productivity and customer service.
- Ensure compliance with local, state and federal laws, regulations and Help at Home specific policies and procedures.
- Partner with field leadership as well as other support functions to develop approaches that best position Help at Home to increase brand recognition leading to consistent referrals and hiring in each marketplace.
- Partner with Leadership Team to develop and implement comprehensive business, compliance, and HR development plans for each branch on a monthly, quarterly or annual basis.
- Organize information/data to identify and explain trends, problems and causes; Compare and combine information to identify underlying issues. Generate actions to achieve short and long-range goals.
- Build and expand relationships with referral agency partners and to support business growth; resolve problems, improve services, and ensure compliance with program requirements.
- Keep abreast of industry trends and regulatory requirements through activities such as participating in State Associations, attending courses and reviewing industry publications.
Job Requirements Include:
- 7+ years management experience with track record of managing operations toward with an understanding of: elder care, customer service, Medicaid and home care and success managing multiple projects and responsibilities
- Thorough knowledge of operational issues, financials & ability to implement changes in accordance with company policy, regulation and/or efficiency
- Ability to work flexible hours and days, as well as respond to urgent issues as they arise after hours.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to handle multiple priorities and demands of the position.
- Ability to organize and maintain an effective travel schedule allowing for adequate time at assigned Communities
- Excellent problem-solving, decision-making and assertiveness skills
Complex Problem Solving