To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Humble, TX
- Phone: 281-670-0115
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Technical Consultant - Networking
Volt • Humble, TX
Posted 2 months ago
Are you a seasoned CCNP level Network Engineer?
Do you have strong experience with Meraki and Netscaler/Citrix?
Do you have great communication skills?
This might be a great opportunity for you!!!
Technical Consultant - Networking
Department: Hosted Services
Supervisor: Vice President of Hosted Services
Exemption Status: Exempt
The Technical Consultant - Networking working on the Hosting Services team would be focused on implementing and supporting various IT Infrastructure technologies as mentioned below with an emphasis on matter resolution, on-boarding of new clients, migration of data, implementation of new hardware, verbose documentation of projects or task and other duties as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain high network uptime SLAs
- Network reporting and alert management
- Maintain certifications with technology partners
- Troubleshooting customer issues in an urgent fashion
- Install and implement systems and solutions
- Post-sales technical follow-ups
- Customer remote support (primary), occasional onsite work needed
- Ensure proper tracking of work orders and incidents through an electronic help desk system
- Problem management and resolution of issues in a timely manner
- Prioritization of tasks and meeting of deadlines, excellent time management skills
- Excellent troubleshooting and assessment skills
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Must be a team player with outstanding customer service skills
- The ability to mentor and guide peers and assist teammates when skill set requires
- Entry of timesheets, expense reports and documentation on or before deadline
- Keep up-to-date on market trends, theory and new ways of doing things; embrace change
- Assist with change-management activities
- Prepare and deliver complete and concise documentation for all projects
- Present progress reports to immediate supervisor and or Project Manager (if so assigned)
- Manage multiple projects in a fast paced environment
- Quickly turn business problems into technical solutions
- Manage configurations and the deployment of equipment in compliance with established technology policies.
- Participate in on-call schedule serving as higher level of escalation for compute, storage, backup, automation and virtualization issues.
- Adaptability – Accepts criticism and feedback. Adapts to changes in the work environment. Changes approach or method to best fit the situation. Manages competing demands.
- Communications – Exhibits good listening and comprehension. Expresses ideas and thoughts in written form. Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally. Keeps others adequately informed. Selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
- Continuous Learning – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses. Pursues training and development opportunities. Seeks feedback to improve performance. Shares expertise with others. Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Customer Service – Displays courtesy and sensitivity. Manages difficult or emotional customer situations. Meets commitments. Responds promptly to customer needs. Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
- Managing Customer Focus – Develops new approaches to meeting customer needs. Establishes customer service standards. Monitors customer satisfaction. Promotes customer focus. Provides training in customer service delivery.
- Problem Solving – Develops alternative solutions. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Identifies problems in a timely manner. Resolves problems in early stages. Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities. Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views. Gives and welcomes feedback. Puts success of team above own interests.
- Use of Technology – Adapts to new technologies. Demonstrates required skills. Keeps technical skills up to date. Troubleshoots technological problems. Uses technology to increase productivity.
- Associate’s Degree required (Bachelor’s Degree preferred)
- 5+ years hands-on IT experience
- Cisco CCNA certification required, CCNP desired
- VMware Certified Associate – Network Virtualization (VCA-NV) desired
- Citrix CCA-N desired
- 2+ years’ experience with implementing and troubleshooting enterprise networking/servers required
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Windows 7/8/10
- Intermediate knowledge and experience with Windows Server 2008/2008 R2/2012/2012 R2/2016 networking
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge and experience with Group Policy Objects
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge and experience with Microsoft Exchange 2003/2007/2010/2013 including mailbox moves, troubleshooting of common day-to-day issues, end-user configuration of ActiveSync and Outlook Anywhere, etc.
- Basic to advanced knowledge of various Citrix Technologies including implementation and troubleshooting of all or some of these technologies: XenServer, XenApp, XenDesktop, Web Interface and Secure Gateway, NetScaler ADC and Access Gateway.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge and experience with monitoring and assessment of system utilization and network performance
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of all layers of the OSI model
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of core network infrastructure and various networking concepts including but not limited to DNS, DHCP, WINS, VLAN assignments, link aggregation, etc.
- Basic to intermediate knowledge with various network hardware such as but not limited to Cisco Switches, Firewalls, Routers, Ironport and Aironet, HP ProCurve, Dell Powerconnect, Force10 and Sonicwall, Meraki line of products, Palo Alto firewalls
- Basic to advanced knowledge and experience with tiered enterprise storage solutions including technologies based on Fibre Channel and iSCSI
- Basic to advanced knowledge and experience in automation including scripting, scheduled tasks, work flow design, mass deployment of software, etc.
- Must demonstrate advanced understanding of TCP/IP including layer 2/3 VLANs, and routing protocols such as BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, RIP, VRF.
- Practical experience with implementing and troubleshooting VRF
- Practical experience with implementing and troubleshooting MPLS
- Advanced ability to troubleshoot IP networks
- Cisco CCNP Routing and Switching (R/S) or equivalent required at a minimum
- Experience with Cisco security products such as Cisco ASA is required
- Ability to demonstrate setting up and configuring IPSEC tunnels between Cisco ASA is required.
- Experience with other firewalls is a plus (Cisco Meraki, Dell Sonicwall)
- Intermediate knowledge and experience with monitoring and assessment of system utilization, network performance and capacity planning
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of all layers of the OSI model
- Advanced knowledge and experience of core network infrastructure and various networking concepts including but not limited to:
- Routing protocols - EIGRP, iBGP, eBGP, OSPF, LISP
- Security methods including basic and extended ACLs, NAT/PAT, site to site and SSL VPNs, IPS/IDS
- Spanning Tree/Rapid Spanning Tree/Per-VLAN Spanning Tree/Per-VLAN Spanning Tree Plus Protocols
- VLAN Trunking Protocol/Multiple VLAN Registration Protocol
- Network fabric – FabricPath, Qfabric, etc.
- Global Site Load Balancing
- Server load balancing
- SSL offload
- Layer 2 – 3 switching
- Layer 4 - 7 firewalls
- Link Aggregation of servers, switch uplinks and network appliances
- Resolution protocols such as DNS & WINS
- Advanced knowledge and experience with various network virtualization technologies including but not limited to:
- Virtual Routing and Forwarding
- Virtual Device Contexts
- Virtual Switching System
- Virtual LANs
- Virtual Extensible LANs
- Overlay Transport Virtualization
- Locator/ID Separation Protocol
- Advanced knowledge and experience with various network hardware such as but not limited to:
- Cisco switches including Nexus platform and fabric extenders, firewalls, ASR and ISR routers, wireless access points and controllers
- HP ProCurve switches
- Dell PowerConnect and Force10 switches, Dell Sonicwall firewalls
- Palo Alto firewalls
- Advanced knowledge and experience with various WAN connectivity options including all or most of the following:
- Multiprotocol Label Switching/Virtual Private LAN Service
- Microwave/long range wireless
- Satellite to terrestrial communications
- Single/Multiplexed T1s
- Wavelength-division multiplexing
- Encrypted tunnels over public/private networks including IPSEC and GRE
- Advanced knowledge and experience with various physical connectivity options including distance and rate limitations of all or most of the following:
- 10/100/1000/10000 Base-T Copper
- 1/10/40/100Gbps optical connectors
- SFP+ and QSFP+ optical and TwinAX connectors
- CX4 and Infinaband connectors
- Single and multimode optical transceivers
- Multiple provider connectors such as those associated with T1, T3, DS3, OC3, OC12 handoffs
- Intermediate knowledge and experience with traffic prioritization and traffic shaping policies across adjacent and disjointed networks including the implementation and assessment of Quality of Service (QoS) queues and multicast traffic management
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge with Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) technologies including voice and SIP gateways
- Basic to intermediate knowledge with video conferencing and live collaboration technologies and their impact on network infrastructure
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge and experience of configuration backup strategies of switches, routers and network appliances
- Basic to advanced knowledge of regulatory and compliance policies such as PCI, HIPPA, HITECH Act, Sarbanes-Oxley, etc.
- Basic to advanced knowledge of data loss prevention
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Work primarily in a climate controlled environment with minimal safety/health hazard potential.
- Occasional lifting (up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds) may be required
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities are able to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
- Frequent local travel required