To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1751 Oak Plains Road
Ashland City, TN 37015
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Environmental Services Manager
UHS - Oak Plains Academy • Ashland City, TN
Posted 1 month ago
One of the nation’s largest and most respected hospital companies, Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Steadily growing from a startup to an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, UHS today has annual revenue nearing $10 billion. In 2017, UHS was recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; ranked #276 on the Fortune 500, and listed #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of America’s Top 500 Public Companies.
Our operating philosophy is as effective today as it was 40 years ago: Build or acquire high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, invest in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive, and become the leading healthcare provider in each community we serve.
Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 81,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates more than 320 acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the United Kingdom.
Oak Plains Academy is seeking a dynamic and talented Environmental Services Manager.
Oak Plains Academy is a comprehensive and highly structured 90-bed residential treatment center located on 25 acres of rolling hills in Ashland City, Tennessee. Oak Plains provides psychiatric and neurological treatment services for males and females, ages 5-17, who have significant history of emotional or behavioral issues. The clinical programs at Oak Plains Academy have been designed to address the needs of children and adolescents with a primary psychiatric/ neurological diagnosis. Residents receive an individualized treatment plan, geared to meet their personal needs. A professional team of psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, therapists, nurses, and teachers work closely with each resident to assist them to achieve there therapeutic and education goals.
This opportunity provides the following:
- UHS is a challenging and rewarding work environment
- Growth and development opportunities within UHS and its subsidiaries
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision, & Prescription Drug Plans
- 401K Plan with company match
- Generous paid time off
UHS is a registered trademark of UHS of Delaware, Inc., the management company for Universal Health Services, Inc. and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Universal Health Services, Inc. Universal Health Services, Inc. is a holding company and operates through its subsidiaries including its management company, UHS of Delaware, Inc. All healthcare and management operations are conducted by subsidiaries of Universal Health Services, Inc. To the extent any reference to "UHS or UHS facilities" on this website including any statements, articles or other publications contained herein relates to our healthcare or management operations it is referring to Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Further, the terms "we," "us," "our" or "the company" in such context similarly refer to the operations of Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Any employment referenced in this website is not with Universal Health Services, Inc. but solely with one of its subsidiaries including but not limited to UHS of Delaware, Inc.
UHS is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at UHS via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of UHS. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by UHS as a result of the referral or through other means.Job Requirements
The Environmental Services Manager will complete administrative tasks that include staffing allocations, developing work assignments, conducting performance evaluations of staff and any other projects as assigned by the CFO. The Environmental Services Manager conducts regular safety inspections and monitors the work of the Maintenance and Housekeeping Departments. The Environmental Services Manager must ensure that on call coverage is provided at all times for the emergency needs of the facility.
- Effectively supervise the Maintenance and Housekeeping Departments; Dietary Department as needed.
- Assist in the timely monitoring of safety inspections, fire drills, and safety committee.
- Train, educate, and develop staff to equip them with the basic skills for good customer service and to perform job duties/ responsibilities.
- Identify maintenance and housekeeping needs (lighting, repair needs, etc.).
- Effective and timely completion of minor repairs to the buildings and grounds.
- To work and maintain the work area in a safe manner; ensure that all cleaning supplies, equipment, and tools are keeping in working order at all times, and locked away from patients when not in use.
- To properly supervise and assist outside contractors.
- Ensure that on call coverage is available at all times for the emergency needs of the facility.
- Assumes responsibility for performance of job duties in the safest possible manner to assure personal safety and that of subordinates, and to report all preventable hazards and unsafe practices immediately to the Risk Manager.
- To accurately complete work order forms.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate all Service Excellence Standards and Principles.
- Valid State Drivers License with appropriate endorsements.
- A Professional Certification in applicable area or 2 or more years of Technical School/ College/ Associates Degree in applicable area.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret technical procedures, accreditation standards, or governmental regulations as they apply to maintaining a clean environment. Also need the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; see, talk, and hear.The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move more than 50 pounds.Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distant, and peripheral vision, color and depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment for this position is a residential facility or day treatment school setting while performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and weather conditions.The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; risk of electric shock; and risk of vibration.