REPAIR SERVICES TECHNICIAN
Lock-N-Stitch, Inc. is seeking a qualified candidate to fill a Repair Services Technician position located in Turlock, CA. We are seeking to find an energetic, positive, customer-oriented and proactive individual. The Repair Services Technician will report directly to the Repair Services Manager.
As Repair Services Technician, you will be responsible for repairing machinery, mechanical equipment and components made of cast metals using proprietary and patented products and techniques in addition to industry standard procedures. These repairs are performed both in the company's shop and at the customer's location. In addition, the Repair Services Technician sets up and operates a wide variety of hand tools, machine tools and fits and assembles parts to fabricate or repair by performing the duties listed below.
As a Repair Services Technician, you will focus on these responsibilities:
- Conduct thorough inspection and perform failure analysis in order to determine extent of damage and to formulate scope of work.
- Create accurate and complete scope of work.
- Dismantle machine or equipment as necessary to examine parts for defect, to remove defective or damaged parts, and to gain access for repair.
- Perform metal stitching repairs and install thread repair inserts using products that are manufactured by LNS; frequently install specifically designed functional and structural reinforcements.
- Welds using gas welding, fusion welding, powder spraying, brazing, and any combination of electric welding processes.
- Perform related tasks such as cutting, plasma cutting, machining, drilling, tapping, and grinding.
- Cut, Fit and install patches.
- Measure, mark, and scribe dimensions and reference points; use micrometers and calipers.
- Set up and operate lathe, drill press, mill, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
- Reassemble machine or equipment and test effectiveness of repair.
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, machine parts, or specifications as necessary.
- Assess customer needs and provide quotes.
- Completes all company and customer requested/assigned documents completely, accurately, and timely.
- Prioritizes communication, disclosure, and respectful behavior with customers, co-workers, vendors, and supervisors.
- Takes digital pictures of stages of repair job and uploads data upon completion of repair.
- Properly and safely rigs equipment.
- Takes lead role during on-site and off-site projects.
- Maintains clean, efficient, and effective workspace.
- Assists with related special projects, as required.
Travel: Domestic and international travel required up to 60%
Physical & Mental/Reasoning Demands:
These are physical and mental requirements of the position as it is typically performed. Inability to meet one or more of these physical or mental requirements will not automatically disqualify a candidate or associate from the position. Upon request for a reasonable accommodation, the Company may be able to adjust or excuse one or more of these requirements, depending on the requirement, the essential functions to which it relates, and the proposed accommodation.
- Vision: Close; Distance; Depth
- Color Perception (Red, Green, Amber)
- Clear Speech
- Touching: Dexterity; Hand; Finger
- Ability to Mount and Dismount Forklift/Truck
- Pushing/Pulling/Stoop/Kneel/Crouch or Crawl
- Lifting: 45 Pounds; 5 Times per shift
- Carrying: 25 Pounds; 5 Times per shift
- Driving (local/over the road)
- Bend/Squat/Sit and Stand for a prolonged period of time
- Climbing / Balance
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Works Alone / Works with Others
- Verbal Contact w/Others; Face-to-Face Contact
- Inside / Outside
- Extreme Heat / Extreme Cold
- Mechanical Equipment
- Electrical Equipment
- Pressurized Equipment
- Moving Objects
- High Places
- Hazardous Materials
- Dirt Dust
Minimum Experience and Educational Requirements:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); three years of increasingly advanced mechanical experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Welding certifications, metal stitching experience and additional education in a related field are desired.
- Current driver’s license; must be insurable by the company’s vehicle insurance provider.
- Valid passport within 90 days of the date of hire.
- Possess above-average mechanical aptitude, at least average machining aptitude and welding aptitude.
- Must have strong knowledge of hand tools and inspection tools.
- Must acquire solid knowledge of repair services process and knowledge of LNS repair services products and their part numbers, part families and kits.
- Complete company records accurately and in a timely manner.
- Complete all internal control records, forms, and procedures properly and accurately.
- Will require strong reading, writing and arithmetic skills, and must have good functional knowledge of common office computer systems and basic working knowledge of electronic media tools (camera & picture files)
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of LNS.
Why you and us
You will be a part of a global organization with local presence and work in an exciting and dynamic working environment with highly motivated and skilled co-workers. We offer interesting and challenging work tasks, as well as personal and professional development in a great team.
If you feel excited by being a part of this working environment and think your personal skills and qualities match the job requirements, we look forward to receiving your job application.
Successful applicant must be authorized to work in the USA without sponsorship.
We look forward to hearing from you. Qualified candidates must apply online: [ Link removed ]
Wärtsilä North America values our employees. We encourage minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled individuals to apply. Wärtsilä complies with the Drug Free Workplace Act of 1988. In an effort to maintain a drug-free workplace, we perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Wärtsilä North America is an EOE/AA employer.
#LI-PV1 #welder #fabricator #manualmachinist #machinist
Last application date: 31/01/2022
This is Wärtsilä
Wärtsilä is a global leader in smart technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasising sustainable innovation, total efficiency and data analytics, Wärtsilä maximises the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants of its customers. In 2020, Wärtsilä’s net sales totalled EUR 4.6 billion with approximately 18,000 employees. The company has operations in over 200 locations in more than 70 countries around the world. Wärtsilä is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki. Find out more: [ Link removed ] .
- Customer Demand Planning
- Electrical Installation Work
- Electronic Media