POSITION - Union: Service 3 (BGC-MA-Greenfield)(35316)
NUMBER OF OPEN POSITIONS: 1
Under the supervision of qualified personnel, perform or assist with utility compliance work performing gas Meter changes, leak surveys, customer gas turn on and offs, performing gas piping for meter relocations as well as responding to gas leaks and other emergencies during business and outside of normal business hours as an “on-call” first responder. Provide support for other departments as needed.
MAJOR ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Position interfaces with Berkshire Gas customers while performing gas meter installations, meter changes of various sizes and capacity providing leak surveys and equipment safety checks.
• Perform “fitting” gas piping work gas service upgrades or relocation of gas regulation and meters from inside to outside of customer owed property as directed.
• Respond to gas emergencies for gas odor complaints and gas leak response during business and outside of normal business hours as “on-call” first responder.
• Routinely performs debt collections by interacting with the customer.
• Operates company owned vehicles and equipment.
• Provides other services as required and supports other departments as needed.
Skills and Requirements
• Residency within the Greenfield Service Area distribution area
• Possess strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interface with customers at times regarding sensitive confidential information.
• Effective problem-solving skills with attention to detail and the analytical ability to evaluate complex data and apply good judgment to take appropriate follow up actions as needed while working without close supervision.
• Strong PC skills are required along with proficient knowledge and use of Microsoft Excel and Word
applications and the ability to learn associated departmental business software.
• Must possess superior arithmetic skills and ability to use a calculator.
• Must have good organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks with frequent interruptions and at times make critical decisions regarding the safety of life and property.
• Must be highly productive and results oriented and willing to work in a team environment.
• Must possess dexterity for operating hand and power tools required in a safe manner.
• High school diploma or equivalent GED.
• Valid driver’s license with clean driving history
• Must be able to secure DOT certification
- Be a role model
- Be agile
- Collaborate and Share
- Develop Self and Others
- Empower to grow
- Focus to achieve results
- Technical Skills
Please note that any applicant who is not a citizen of the country of the vacancy will be subject to compliance with the applicable immigration requirements to legally work in that country. If/when required, the Company will support the employee with the necessary Immigration requirements.
- Attention To Detail
- Business Software