Business Group Highlights
The Intelligence group provides high-end systems engineering and integration products and services, data analytics and software development to national and military intelligence customers. Serving federal agencies and the Intelligence Community for more than 50 years, the Intelligence group helps our clients meet their mission needs by providing trusted advisors, leading-edge technologies, and innovative solutions. Responsibilities
Perspecta is seeking an experienced Software Engineer to lead an agile approach to software integration between multiple segments The Ground Systems Software Engineer and Integrator will support the Ground Segment Team on a new program at Perspecta, focused on systems engineering and integration of a new Space Domain architecture with a new Ground System. The Ground Systems Software Engineer and Integrator will support the overall software architecture to include the internal and external system interfaces including any operator displays and controls. The Ground Systems Software Engineer will identify, describe, and decompose into fine-grained software services that meet system functional, performance and resilience requirements. The Ground System may leverage Commercial Cloud Services for Infrastructure, Platform, and Software as a service (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) to meet system security, scalability, redundancy, and resilience requirement, and recommend the best incorporation of DevSecOps practices and methodology into the development of Ground System software to meet program cost, schedule and performance objectives. This is an opportunity to start at the ground level to shape and design the software support to a future Ground System. Specific duties include:
- Attend and participate in software design and development reviews; track, assess, and advise the Government on software technical execution; and review critical software technical documentation.
- Monitor the development of the System's software and identify software risks and opportunities for inclusion in the System ROM Program.
- Lead an Agile Team across the Space Segment and Ground Segment, leveraging DevSecOps principles to ensure cyber security requirements and best practices are incorporated and addressed early in the development process.
- Recommend cross-functional teams that support all application development and operations activities defined in this task. Capacity of a team shall be monitored and measured using stories to ensure optimal productivity.
- Plan, analyze, and design all ground software and provide the following products:
- Software Development Plan (SDP), Software Requirements Specification (SRS), Software Design Description (SDD), Software Test Plan (STP), Software Test Report, Software Architecture Description, and Software Product Specification (SPS).
Requires 10 to 12 years with BS/BA or 8 to 10 years with MS/MA or 5 to 7 years with PhD.
- BS or BA degree in information systems, computer science, system analysis with an emphasis in information technology.
- Software architect experience (e.g., infrastructure/technical, solution/application, information/data, security/provisioning or enterprise/business).
- Very strong technical knowledge of cloud technologies and IT concepts specifically Amazon Web Services (VMWare, HyperV, Cisco, CA Technologies, Microsoft, EMC, etc.)
- Satellite ground systems knowledge
- Knowledgeable about AWS infrastructure offerings.
Knowledgeable about AWS service offerings.
- Experience with acquisition processes and space, ground or communications systems
- Demonstrated capability and success working in team environments
- Strong communication and briefing skills with peers and senior leaders
- Excellent ability to work within team structure
- Customer focused and capable of representing the customer in community forms
- Experience with application / data migration to AWS
- Knowledge of DevOps principles and Container platforms such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Ability to effectively communicate technical information to managers
- Mandatory Certifications: AWS Certified Solution Architect or AWS DevOps Engineer
The Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act requires employers in the state of Colorado to disclose the following information. If the position applied to is not located in Colorado, the following information may not apply.
Salary Minimum: $82,992.00
The base salary range above represents the low and high end of the Perspecta salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Perspecta's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Perspecta provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO). About Perspecta
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector—from investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation’s most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to do just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Software Engineer and Integrator Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of the other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).