To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Reston, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Executive Director, Industry Analyst
The NPD Group • Reston, VA
Posted 24 days ago
Learn and work on meaningful initiatives with some of the best and brightest in the market research industry. The NPD Group provides the world’s most successful brands with leading market research, combining consumer and retail point-of-sale data with analytic solutions to interpret today’s market trends while anticipating tomorrow’s. In addition, we offer a career filled with innovation and growth to the forward-thinking problem solvers who join our team.
Our Consumer Technology Practice is seeking an Executive Director, Industry Analyst who advances NPD’s standing in this space by professionally, thoughtfully and knowledgeably representing us in the marketplace at large, in the media, and directly with clients and prospects by bringing leading trends and insights to our retailer and manufacture partners.
- Consistently attract, engage and maintain trust with the C-suite and other senior client levels to support their application of NPD information and support NPD’s business development efforts.
- Provide leadership and direction to analysis and insights for the Consumer Technology Practice at NPD, in collaboration with the client-facing staff.
- Drive thought leadership for the Practice, based on fresh ideas and new perspectives, and leverage NPD and other information to “make news” that shapes the industry, in collaboration with our PR team.
- Provide insights to client-facing staff to continue to increase the bar for the insights we provide to clients both within the industry and by collaborating with other relevant NPD practices.
- Generates media coverage based on insights, experience and unique perspectives, and serves as senior spokesperson for top tier media covering issues and topics related to the Consumer Electronics Industry.
- Regularly make client presentations to client audiences from the C-suite down with willingness to travel extensively.
- Generate revenue tied to the value his/her perspectives provide to clients and prospects, both directly and indirectly; this includes the Commercial team leveraging his/her star power and value to drive NPD’s business initiatives. Clearly communicates reliability and criticality of NPD information on decision-making.
- Provide significant direction to NPD’s business opportunities and strategies within the Consumer Technology practice.
- Strong analytical skills and writing ability – able to distill diverse data sets into cohesive and succinct stories both in presentations and word documents. Willingness to dig into data with a general curiosity to solve business questions. Provide recommendations to client leadership on matters such as promotional evaluation, strategic brand management, merchandising and assortment planning based on market research analysis.
- Solid history, experience, knowledge of and expertise in the Consumer Technology industry, specifically with categories such as Smart Home, Audio and Digital Imaging. Mobile, PCs and Home Theater/ TVs a plus
- Experience with or understanding of sales and sales trends within the category
- 5+ years industry experience
- Market Research experience with POS and/or consumer data, on client or supplier side, including understanding of sales data, sales trends, forecasting
- Ability to synthesize multiple data points/sources to develop meaningful conclusions and insights
- Ability to draw data from internal databases and external sources, organize and analyze the data, and create research reports with unique and meaningful insights and recommendation
- Impressive presence with the most senior executives, with outstanding communication/presentation skills and leadership abilities, allowing the individual to speak as an authority on the business and the category
- Curiosity to always learn and draw insights from both internal and external industry source
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage the details while keeping an eye on the big picture
- Ability to constructively collaborate with others to generate consensus and productive working relationships
- Experience in coaching or managing others
- Highly proficient in all MS Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
The NPD Group, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.