Logistics done differently.
The Director of Executive Recruiting is charged with finding, attracting, and hiring top talent into all parts of the company against a high bar for performance, potential, and culture-fit. The Director of Executive Recruiting will have the unique ability to work across the 4 key business units, partnering with Hiring Managers, business leaders, and HR Business Partners to set and drive strategy, goals, process, and metrics. He/She will be fully responsible for owning and executing executive level searches. This person will need to be well-versed in all aspects of an executive search including creative candidate sourcing, candidate generation and development, stakeholder management and offer/negotiation.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Act as a partner, consultant, and advisor to senior management by developing and driving strategies to recruit talent in a highly competitive market while building pipelines for future business needs
- Drive the sourcing, screening, interviewing, evaluation, and offer negotiation process
- Lead stakeholder update meetings with internal stakeholders on active searches and provide pipeline metrics, target lists, recruiting activity, search strategy and talent assessment
- Conduct business in a consultative manner through communicating persuasively, influencing others, and sharing a point of view by using a creative approach to drive results
- Leverage all aspects of sourcing and candidate development including job posting, job board mining, internet sourcing, social networking, employee referrals, and networking events
- Ensure an impressive candidate experience by providing a white-glove interview process with thorough communication & timely feedback, as well as interviewer preparedness and effective interview format
- Track metrics and use data for strategic analysis of recruiting campaigns; maintain data integrity within applicant tracking system and CRM
- Collaborate across teams and business units to support process improvements and the sharing of best practices
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Must have a minimum of five to 10 years’ experience with full life cycle executive recruiting
- Experience sourcing, screening, selection, and onboarding of executive level talent
- Retained executive search firm experience or corporate executive search experience is required
- Ability to continuously drive for process improvement coupled with excellent written and communication skills
- Ability to manage customer relationships, provide strong customer service skills and work in a large, team environment
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization in a clear and concise manner with a strong executive presence
- Ability to maintain professionalism and focus in an ambiguous environment through demonstrated, proven leadership
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and maturity
It’d be great if you also have:
- Demonstrate confidence in all settings when advising/partnering with business partners
- Strong problem solving by proactively driving results and being solution oriented
- Proven organization skills and the ability to prioritize effectively and manage multiple tasks in an environment with competing demands
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team – energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.