Please note, applying using the below posting will place you under consideration for all of our current Respiratory Therapist openings with the Goshen Health Respiratory Therapy dept, if interested in specific days/hours, please apply directly to one of our active job postings. To view or apply to a specific job posting, please use the following link: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Respiratory Therapist, Registered
- $15,000 New Hire Bonus for FT/PT Evening/Night Shift Positions
- $7,500 Internal Colleague Flip to Eve/Nights Bonus
- $10,000 New Hire Bonus for FT/PT Day Shift Positions
- New increased shift differentials!
$3,000/yr Tuition Loan Repayment (up to $9,000)
The Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) administers a full range of respiratory therapy treatments and modalities, monitors life support devices, is engaged in arterial blood gas sampling and analysis, and performs selected cardiopulmonary diagnostic testing as prescribed by the attending physician. Multidisciplinary team approach in critical and acute care settings.
Minimum Education: Registered as a Respiratory Therapist by the National Board for Respiratory Care. Licensed by the State of Indiana Health Professional Bureau to perform respiratory therapy duties.
Preferred Education: Bachelor’s degree in Respiratory Therapy from an accredited institution.
Certifications Required: ACLS/BLS, PALS, NRP RRT
- Performs work assignments and displays a positive sincere attitude that represents support for the hospital’s mission statement.
- Maintains confidentiality of all data, procedures, records, forms, reports and any other sensitive information regarding a patient’s medical condition or treatment.
- Takes an active role in self-improvement relative to continuing education and in-service attendance.
- Properly performs all of the respiratory care therapeutic procedures listed on the department’s scope of services.
- Properly and effectively administers emergency respiratory care procedures.
- Administers critical care procedures according to approved procedures.
- Properly performs 12-lead electrocardiograms.
- Participates actively in the department’s performance improvement efforts.
- Participates in the orientation of new employees.
- Reacts to change positively and handles other tasks as assigned.
- Maintains open lines of communication with other workers.
- Maintains excellent public relations in all verbal and written communications with patients, their families, and physician.
- Documents patient treatment data in department records.
- Takes an active role in the education and professional development of the department staff.
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (Acls)
- Basic Life Support
- Critical Care
- Medical Emergency
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support