Solutions driven success.
XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets. At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. If you’re looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
As the Specialist, Logistics, you will be responsible for providing logistics support, including order entry, routing and dispatching, and traffic coordination to the NAT-Brokerage operations. If you’re looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Maintain customer profile information and enter loads from customer tenders into the Freight Optimizer system
- Update account managers on problem loads and what actions have been taken; update receivers and customers on status of loads
- Monitor daily pick-ups and deliveries; verify that loads have arrived on time and in good condition
- Take check calls from drivers, ensuring that loads will deliver on time; validate all load data prior to marking loads delivered, for accounting purposes
- Investigate product overages, shortages, damages, and complete appropriate documentation
- Schedule and reschedule delivery appointments for all loads; accept or decline loads based on direction from account managers
- Provide detailed directions and instructions to properly route drivers
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- 1 year of logistics experience
- General knowledge of the transportation industry
It’d be great if you also have:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience writing routine reports and correspondence
- The ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, verbal or diagram form
Be part of something big.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills for this job classification.
Review XPO's candidate privacy statement [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Logistics Specialist - 3rd shift
- Logistics Operations
- Transportation Management