- Serves as a senior Subject Matter Expert (SME) for approaches, procedures, and implementation of data systems for firewall auditing and management control tools.
- Serves in a leadership capacity, formulating and implementing procedures and systems
- Develops and oversees the development of innovative approaches and solutions to complex problems and issues
- Provides analysis of and suggested solutions to complex issues, as well as complex conceptual analysis
- Works in active partnership with cybersecurity business stakeholders and technical stakeholders to perform cybersecurity architecture risk assessments.
- Collaborates with director, managers, project managers, architects, and other technical leads to ensure continuity and communication across teams
- Collaborates with director, managers, and other technical personnel to ensure mitigation of risks to the company
- Mentors and coaches cyber security individuals to provide guidance and expertise, promoting continued integration of technological advances to further enhance security
- Understanding of security concepts and best practices
- 5 or more years of experience supporting or operating IT security systems and platforms including firewalls.
- 1 or more years of experience supporting or operating firewall auditing and management controls (e.g. FireMon, Tufin, AlgoSec, Skybox)
- Ability to document and communicate on an expert level, addressing individuals, managers, directors and senior leadership across the enterprise
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting, however, may be required to work from home temporarily due to space limitations.
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained.
- Security policy automation (design, support, integration)
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- Firewall technology experience (Palo Alto Networks preferred)
- Cisco network experience
- Experience in Fortune 500 company
- Basic coding experience (prefer Java or Python experience), particularly with API programming
- SecOps/DevOps experience
- Have an advanced security and technology certification or plans to pursue
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.SM
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.