Radius Health is an equal opportunity employer. EEO/Disabled Individuals/Veterans. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Assistant General Counsel, Abaloparatide. Click [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Assistant General Counsel, Abaloparatide to navigate to the EEO is the Law poster. Click [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Assistant General Counsel, Abaloparatide to navigate Radius Health's Pay Transparency Policy.
Assistant General Counsel, Abaloparatide
Job ID: 2021-2140
Type: Regular Full-Time
# of Openings: 1
Category: Legal - Dept
Radius is a science-driven, fully integrated biopharmaceutical company that is committed to developing and commercializing innovative endocrine therapeutics. As a key member of the abaloparatide team, the AGC, Abaloparatide will serve as lead counsel to the abaloparatide asset throughout its lifecycle, including support of brand teams, medical, clinical, supply chain, and life cycle management.
- As a key member of the abaloparatide team, proactively counsel and partner with franchise leadership to develop strategy and objectives, including with Sales, Marketing, Market Access, Medical Affairs, Pharmacovigilance, Regulatory, and Technical Operations.
- Support and provide guidance on commercial strategy, brand objectives and business operations for the abaloparatide products.
- Provide legal support across asset's full lifecycle.
- Advise on pricing and contracts strategy. Draft, negotiate and review discount and rebate agreements, distribution agreements, specialty pharmacy agreements, and other market access agreements.
- Lead cross-functional initiatives and serve as lead lawyer on the Company's cross-functional teams including Promotional Review Committee, Scientific Review Committee, and other Company committees requiring asset legal representation, or supervise another attorney's representation on such committees.
- Conduct or supervise the drafting, negotiation and review of commercial and medical affairs contracts, including health care professional, vendor, licensing, consulting, speaker, advertising, sponsorship, and other agreements.
- Analyze abaloparatide business initiatives for antitrust, privacy, fraud and abuse, FDA and other regulatory compliance.
- Ensure operations comply with applicable laws and company policies, including Anti-kickback Statute and other US healthcare compliance laws and regulations. Keep clients abreast of all relevant legal developments in their areas of business.
- Counsel and collaborate with the Compliance department on policy interpretation, training, and other relevant activities.
- Juris Doctorate degree and an active license to practice law is required.
- 15+ years of practice as an attorney in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry, including in-house experience is required.
- Significant experience supporting branded pharmaceutical products and counseling the business regarding franchise and/or therapeutic area strategy, particularly with specialty pharmaceutical products, including counsel regarding promotional, pricing and contractual matters.
- Experience negotiating and drafting market access, distribution, supply, manufacturing and other commercial agreements.
- Ability to build consensus with diverse stakeholders and third parties and form strong, collaborative working relationships with clients.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a significant number of projects simultaneously and to thrive in a dynamic and fast paced environment. Ability to operate independently.
- Strong communication skills and executive presence when leading or acting in supporting roles with customers, suppliers, peers and senior management.
- Proven analytical capacity, superior financial and business judgment. Ability to recognize business impact of legal advice.
The work is performed in a typical office environment with heavy computer duties. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. Occassional travel required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to use hands to type, handle paperwork and sort, file or manipulate documents. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.