Are you a driven and motivated Sales professional who thrives in a fast-paced environment, building relationships with customers, collaborating with great internal teams, being innovative to achieve business results? Then join one of the country’s top consumer packaged goods companies, Smithfield Foods! We have built a culture that places enormous value on each individual, our animals, the environment and the communities we all share. Smithfield Foods and our Sales teams are consistently evolving and looking for individuals that can help foster relationships and achieve results to impact our bottom line!
As a Sales Team member, your primary responsibility would be introducing and placing new products with customers, executing organizational initiatives, and driving sales on key items with strategic customers for long-term growth. Whether it is bacon, ham, fresh pork or another product category you will work directly with the customers and cross-functional with everyone from Business Management to our Plant Operations to deliver the service and products to our customers and consumers.
The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for achieving assigned regional sales goals and growth through effective sales planning and execution. Works with members of the sales chain to achieve sales targets. Emphasizes growth through development of new customers as well as the maintenance and growth of existing customers. Introduces and places new products with customers, executes organizational initiatives and drives sales of key items with strategic customers for long-term growth. Collaborates directly with our broker partners to drive consumer packaged goods execution, distribution and new item placement in respective territory.Core Responsibilities
Increase Distribution of Product Lines
- Manages Smithfield’s Broker relationships to increase distribution of product lines.
- Trains and monitors the sales activities of Broker representatives to ensure consistency in selling products.
- Plans for regional sales and assists with sales proposal developments, sales presentations and sales calls.
- Provides sales training to Brokers on new and existing products for sales presentations.
- Directs broker team thru meeting attendance and works within market to drive company initiatives in store.
Maintain and Increase Sales
- Meets directly with customers and key decision makers to maintain and increase sales of Smithfield products.
- Develops and makes formal presentations and/or proposals.
- Provides samples and may demonstrate the use of specific items as part of the sales process.
- Determines and drives execution of key programs based on regions’ needs and requirements (sales incentives, account specific marketing programs, etc.).
- Implements and executes Smithfield sales plans to promote product lines.
- Customizes plans to meet the local and regional marketing cultures.
- Assists sales and brokers in developing and executing sales promotions of products.
- Utilizes syndicated data and all resources to drive sales plans.
Meet Sales Objectives
- Maintains coordination with integral company functions to ensure sales objectives are met.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university and 7+ years’ relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferred.
- Minimum of 2+ years’ experience in a position of leadership to include team development and management, required.
- Must understand the dynamics of the Consumer Packaged Goods industry.
- Must have a solid understanding of customer focused and fact based selling, including IRI, Neilsen and Perishable Group data.
- Understanding of product cuttings \u2013 comfort and knowledge of product attributes.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- High level of written and verbal communication skills, organizational planning, teamwork, analytical reasoning, and adaptability.
- Knowledge and experience with Apple software, Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- SAP experience, preferred.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- May travel up to 75% of the time.
- Provides leadership and guidance to Senior Sales Account Managers, Sales Account Managers or Sales Representatives.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and assisting in providing appropriate resolutions.
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits
Manage Sale Team
Implement Sale Strategy
Address Prospective Client
Create Sale Plan
Sales Process Training