Find out why [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Desktop Support Technician
is the employer of choice for contractors! Join [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Desktop Support Technician
and enjoy our generous employee benefits!
We are seeking an experienced Systems Administrator
to provide and support the on-prem infrastructure, data center, and desktop support equipment.Duration is 1 year with the likelihood of extension.
Travel to multiple locations within a 60-mile radius, mileage reimbursement provided. The travel is occasional, most locations are within 15-20 miles the furthest is in Boulder and that may be once a month if that.Standard day shift Monday through Friday. However, must be available for occasional on-call support for evenings and weekends
This is a high energy fast-paced environment. You need to be able to work independently as well as being a team player. You will not be bored! Essential Responsibilities:
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot various Linux desktop and server related issues
- Support in implementing, deploying, and maintaining Linux and Windows operating systems in traditional and virtualized environments across various hardware solutions.
- Firm understanding of MAC, IOS, and other applicable operating systems
- Cross-train in Windows, Mac, and Linux for guidance and support to members of the team
- Install, configure computers, monitors, and peripherals as required for new installations and end user office setup or reconfiguration
- Provide desktop and software troubleshooting / administration with candid ability to work closely with senior members of the team helping to learn, escalate internal operations quickly
- Provide after hours and weekend support on an as needed basis outside of general working hours
- Maintain Service Level Agreements (SLA) on tickets assigned helping department meet goals
- Create incident tickets, update incident tickets and close incident tickets using ServiceNow
- Research and resolve difficult and complex problems escalated from the service desk Tier 1 technicians
- Troubleshoot problems with end points, including hardware and software applications, peripheral equipment, smartphones, tablets, VOIP phones, printers, copiers, etc.
- Support collaboration, and productivity tools like 0365, MS Teams, etc.
- Experience supporting virtual desktop environments (VMware Horizon, Wyse) Virtualization & Cloud platforms (I.e. VMWare, AWS, Microsoft Azure)
- Process incoming tickets with an immediate response focused on quality and speed
- Provide effective resolutions, instructions, and information to the end-users
- Communicate effectively with team members
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction
- Thorough understanding of Microsoft Windows operating systems with expert knowledge of Win10
- Fluent proficiency with various Linux distros including CentOS, RHEL (Red Hat), and Ubuntu
- 2+ years of experience of progressive desktop technical experience in an information technology department
- Requires a comprehensive and broad understanding of current enterprise workstation, relevant operating systems and associated peripheral equipment
- Strong working knowledge of web browsers and other popular windows-based applications
- Strong logic and trouble-shooting skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills, with proven ability to think outside the box
- Must be customer focused and demonstrate the ability: to resolve moderately complex technical situations; communicate and interface effectively with all levels of personnel; explain moderately complex technical information; and establish priorities.
- Ability to adapt, be flexible, and manage change effectively and transparently
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities, and request
- Exceptional interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills with ability to explain difficult technical material clearly to varying levels of proficiency
- Must have a valid California class C driver's license and able to work extended hours as required
- Requires an Associate Degree or equivalent with emphases in information technology or computer science; may substitute a certificate in information technology from a recognized organization and equivalent experience in lieu of education
- Bachelor's degree in information technology or related fields and 2 or more years with progressively complex experience in technical support
- Technical certifications in information technology or closely related hardware, software, or project management fields.
- Active Microsoft or Linux+ Certification
- Deep knowledge and experience with common desktop, peripheral, mobile, virtualization, imaging, configuration, packaging, delivery and network technologies necessary to build and deliver device and desktop computing services; including Windows, Mac OS, Android, iOS, Active Directory, GPO, MTD, SCCM, Citrix, policy and configuration management, DHCP, TCP/IP, VPN, and cloud computing services
W2 only, no Corp to Corp. We are unable to sponsor H1B visas at this time. **[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Desktop Support Technician
™ Supports Equal Employment Opportunity** [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Desktop Support Technician
™, a division of CompuCom® Systems, Inc., a global company headquartered in Bellevue, Washington, provides IT staffing services and solutions to Fortune 1000 companies as well as small and medium business. For more information, visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Desktop Support Technician