To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Midland, TX 79706
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Receptionist/Clerk- Part-Time (Midland, TX, US, 79706)
Applied Industrial Technologies, Inc. • Midland, TX
Posted 13 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Perform a variety of duties designated to operate data entry equipment; process correspondence; provide clerical duties relative to the receipt of purchase from vendors; and assist with other clerical functions as needed.
- Active involvement in the Company's Total Quality Management process as evidenced by continuous improvement of processes directed toward reducing costs, improving cycle time, increasing sales/gross profit and customer satisfaction.
- Carries out policies and procedures, and works to the performance standards as defined for Distribution Centers.
- Continuous development through reading, schools, seminars and on-the-job training.
- Perform a variety of duties designated to operate data entry equipment for processing data such as receiving, billing, stock transactions; customer, branch and/or distribution center correspondence; various checking, posting, calculating, terminal computer transmitting, filing, reconciling and other clerical duties relative to the receipt of purchases from vendors.
- Receive source documents such as invoices, packing and vendor slips, credits, inter-branch correspondence, and other instructions. Verify data as necessary. Operate on-line terminal to transcribe data; select proper entry codes; set up system. Enter and receive a variety of billing, shipping, customer, branch, distribution center, and other related data; verify; record input information.
- Work from purchase orders, packing slips and computer screen sources to verify part numbers and quantities received from vendors. Verify sources to resolve discrepancies, make corrections and balance records.
- Check documentation of incomplete orders against purchase order count, resolve piece deviations and record corrections. Calculate and/or determine piece rate, fill rate, and lead time from purchase orders and post data in vendors performance book for use by management.
- Provide a variety of clerical assistance to include sorting and distributing mail; typing correspondence, orders; answering and transferring phone calls; taking attendance and verifying time slips; maintaining files, records and reports.
- Perform duties as necessary or directed and follow standard procedures as indicated; notify appropriate personnel of deviations and discrepancies.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Equivalent to high school and specialized study or training in business skills and office functions. Over three months through one year experience.
FCX Performance is an Applied Industrial Technologies Company and a leading process flow control company, providing technical, mission-critical products and services to more than 15,000 end users, OEMs, and EPC firms across a broad range of industries and markets. Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT) is a leading industrial distributor that offers more than 6.5 million parts to serve the needs of MRO and OEM customers in virtually every industry.
Applied® provides engineering, design and systems integration for industrial and fluid power applications, as well as customized mechanical, fabricated rubber and fluid power shop services. Applied also offers storeroom services and inventory management solutions that provide added value to our customers.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.