If you are professional looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in our Louisville, KY location, This position will support both New Product Development launches as well as cost saving initiative projects at both the Louisville, KY facility and other global locations. For the right candidate, this role can lead to other challenging opportunities in Louisville, or perhaps within the vast Emerson network of companies around the world! AS A PROJECT MANAGER, YOU WILL:
- Review the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all project team members and ensuring the team is clear and aligned with the objectives
- Review NPD process deliverables to determine what tasks are applicable and assign them to each team member and ensure they understand what they are responsible for completing.
- Create a detailed project schedule based on the tasks required and determine launch date with input from team members
- Identify and manage roadblocks that could delay the project and facilitate collaboration to solve. Report and escalate to management if any risk may impact the objectives and commitments of the project.
- Actively review team member workload to identify potential bottlenecks. Mitigate issues and raise to Leadership team if mitigation requires additional resources
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Meet budgetary objectives and adjust project constraints based on financial analysis
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation to include spreadsheets, diagrams, and process maps as necessary.
- Prepare and present the Gate presentation charts at Gate meetings with assistance from team members and publish meeting minutes.
- Prepare project update slide for monthly review with Leadership Team for all projects being managed.
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals.
- Document and communicate project status, achievements, and concerns as well as the project implementation plan to all functional areas.
You are expected to be proficient in the following competencies: organizational savvy (maneuvering comforably through complex policy, process, and people related dynamics, persuades (use compelling arguments to gain support and commitment from others) builds networks (effectively builds formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization) cultivates innovation (continually assesses market potential of innovative ideas and solutions).
As an employee at Emerson, you have access to join the following employee resource groups: Black Employee Alliance, LGBTQ Allies, Somos (focusing on supporting the Latin Americans and Hispanics at Emerson and in the communities we serve), the Veterans Resource Group, Asian & Pacific Islander Alliance, and Mosaic (focusing on employees working away from their home country), and the Women’s Impact Network.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- 4-year degree in Engineering or other relevant field, and/or appropriate combination of experience and education
- Minimum 3 years' in Quality processes and plant/manufacturing experience
- Competency in knowledge of Microsoft Office applications is required
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Proficient skills in Project Management tools such as MS Teams and MS Project.
- Strong interpersonal skills that can lead a cross-functional team of professionals.
- Strong problem solving, analytical and collaborative skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills are necessary
[ Link removed ]
Our Commitment to Our People
Across the globe, we are united by a singular Purpose: We drive innovation that makes the world healthier, safer, smarter, and more sustainable. We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills, and competencies to bring this Purpose to life while competing and leading in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development, from onboarding through senior leadership.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities, and the world through our unwavering focus on environmental, social, and regulatory progress. [ Link removed ]
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual and family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement and more. We also provide you flexible time-off plans, including paid parental leave, vacation, and holiday leave.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives – and that reflects the world around us. We believe a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers.
This philosophy is fundamental to living our company’s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place. Learn more about our [ Link removed ] and [ Link removed ] .
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J or TN, or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, please contact: [ Link removed ] .
Emerson is a leading global technology, software and engineering company providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
We help customers in the world’s most essential industries solve the biggest challenges of modern life. Every day, our global workforce fulfills our unified Purpose and lives out the Values we hold close as an organization: Integrity, Safety & Quality, Support Our People, Customer Focus, Continuous Improvement, Collaboration, and Innovation.
Our Causes – Planet, Humanity, Champion, Inclusion and Future – shape, define and fuel Emerson’s culture while inspiring our innovative spirit and driving our focus.
Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring possibilities, or recently received your MBA degree, you’ll find opportunities with us. Join our team and start your journey today!
No calls or agencies please.
- Financial Analysis
- Implement Projects
- Interpersonal Skills