Are you an ambitious, multi-tasker who can solve problems in a fast-paced environment that loves BACON? Then you should join us in growing one of America’s top 25 consumer packaged goods companies, Smithfield Foods!
The Supply Chain team is looking for motivated professionals to facilitate the distribution of our great products to customers and consumers. These personnel can analyze production metrics against market needs in Supply & Demand Planning, focus on product transportation through Logistics, or ensure the shelves of your local grocery store are stocked by Direct Store Delivery.
The Distribution Services Supervisor supervises the day-to-day activities of the Shipping Clerks and office staff on the assigned shift at the Distribution Center while still performing duties as the Shipping Clerks which include properly billing all trucks, verifying inbounds and accurately reporting inventory. This involves constant communication with truck lines, customers, other Smithfield facilities, third parties, and various other departments within Smithfield. This position will perform all typical supervisory responsibilities as well as look for ways to improve processes at the Distribution Center.
- Monitors and ensures all office activities such as processing paperwork for deliveries and shipments are done in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensures all paperwork is completed correctly and filed electronically.
- Monitors and reviews working practices to maximize performance and productivity and ensures that all procedures and work practices adhere to company standards.
- Compiles and maintains all necessary records, reports and logs.
- Manages office inventory and orders supplies as necessary.
- Partners with the Distribution Services Manager and other supervisors to work toward continuous improvement of service to the Distribution Center, implementation of new initiatives and processes, and participates in committees as required.
- Management of workforce, identifies training needs through regular performance appraisals.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- Provides leadership and guidance to employees in the Distribution Center.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and assisting in providing appropriate resolutions.
The work environment characteristics & physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions including heat, humidity, cold, and precipitation.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be loud if working in the warehouse area.
Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds; occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.
Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit URL blocked - click to apply
Complex Problem Solving