You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Gov't & Public Sector Risk Advisory Manager (Grants Administration)
Cherry Bekaert LLP is a place to learn, a place to grow, and a place to stay. We are a full-service public accounting and consulting firm with offerings in offices throughout the Southeast and into the Southwest. With growing industry expertise, a strong support system, and our team’s shared values, we encourage you to choose the path that best suits you because at Cherry Bekaert, your career is about you. Join the Firm that recognizes the power of the individual.
We believe in and promote an environment where our people are excited and engaged to contribute their best. Cherry Bekaert strives to exhibit a culture of inclusiveness and diversity in our offices by involving all of our people and their unique, individual perspectives in our business. We want all of our employees to feel a sense of belonging by welcoming and appreciating the uniqueness that each individual brings to the firm.
The Government & Public Sector (GPS) Risk Advisory team at Cherry Bekaert is growing and we are looking for talented individuals to be a part of it. Apply to join our team as a Manager within our State and Local practice. As a member of the GPS team, you will help clients protect and enhance the value of their organizations by leveraging their system of internal controls to enable growth, manage risk, and define sustainable operations.
What your day looks like as a GPS Risk Advisory Manager:
As a Manager, you will lead teams in the performance of consulting engagements to effectively manage risks across an organization. You will focus on projects specific to grant administration and review. Day to day tasks may include:
- Lead engagements with appropriate oversight from a partner, principal or managing director.
- Ensure project quality control and oversight management of client engagements from start to finish, including adequate planning, execution, and direction while managing the budget.
- Effectively leading and managing a team of professionals, including reviewing associates’ work assignments and providing feedback.
- Rationalize internal controls for our clients to focus on compliance and reporting risks and optimize client system of internal control.
- Develop risk perspectives and internal control recommendations based on thorough understanding of business processes and related risks.
- Help clients manage risk by recommending improved control design intended to satisfy regulatory requirements efficiently.
- Work effectively with external auditors of our clients to ensure a seamless client delivery experience and achieve efficiencies across internal and external audit.
- Support the development of new services and solutions including data analytics, process automation, compliance management systems, and targeted solutions.
- Maintain a strong client focus by understanding the client’s business needs while developing productive working relationships with client personnel to accomplish objectives.
- Learn and understand the Firm and its professional service lines.
- Actively encourage team members to contribute ideas and identify potential opportunities to apply Cherry Bekaert's services.
- Contribute to the internal development of the practice, including process improvement or operations
What you bring to this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance or relevant industry experience.
- 6+ years of State and Local experience working as an Internal Auditor, External Auditor or in similar public accounting and advisory role.
- In depth knowledge of Grant Management, ARPA, and/or Lease Standards.
- In depth knowledge of external audit methodologies and internal control methodologies (Green Book, Yellow Book, COSO, COBIT, etc.).
- Excellent organization skills with the ability to manage multiple clients.
- Strong risk management experience able to support writing reports of control descriptions, internal control findings and recommendations.
- Ability to serve on and manage multiple engagements at a time, working with team members throughout our firm.
- Demonstrated experience in applying relevant technical, regulatory and Public Sector knowledge.
- Demonstrates business development skills needed to grow the practice.
- Excellent written and verbal communication capable of managing projects, client expectations and deliverable development.
- Travel may be required (approx. 15% pending prevailing public health guidelines).
Nice to have:
- Progressive use of data capabilities to improve servicing operations, including process automation, data analytics techniques and/or workflow management systems.
- Knowledge of servicing platforms common to the industry.
What we offer you:
- Our shared values that foster inclusion and belonging including uncompromising integrity, collaboration, trust, and mutual respect.
- The opportunity to innovate and do work that motivates and engages you.
- A collaborative environment focused on enabling you to further your career growth and continuous professional development.
- Competitive compensation and a total rewards package that focuses on all aspects of your wellbeing.
- Flexibility to do impactful work and the time to enjoy your life outside of work.
- Opportunities to connect and learn from professionals from different backgrounds and with different cultures.
About Cherry Bekaert
Cherry Bekaert, ranked among the largest assurance, tax and advisory firms in the U.S., serves clients across industries in all 50 U.S. states and internationally. “Cherry Bekaert” is the brand name under which Cherry Bekaert LLP and Cherry Bekaert Advisory LLC, independently owned entities, provide professional services in an alternative practice structure in accordance with applicable professional standards. Cherry Bekaert LLP is a licensed CPA firm that provides attest services, and Cherry Bekaert Advisory LLC and its subsidiary entities provide business advisory and non-attest services spanning the areas of transaction advisory, risk and accounting advisory, digital solutions, cybersecurity, tax, benefits consulting, and wealth management. For more details, visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Gov't & Public Sector Risk Advisory Manager (Grants Administration).
Cherry Bekaert cares about its people. We offer a competitive compensation package where you will be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, we offer a comprehensive, high-quality [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Gov't & Public Sector Risk Advisory Manager (Grants Administration) which includes medical, dental, and vision care; disability and life insurance; generous Paid Time Off; retirement plans; Paid Care Leave; and other programs that are dedicated to enhancing your personal and work life and providing you and your family with a measure of financial protection.
For positions in Colorado, visit the following link for information related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Gov't & Public Sector Risk Advisory Manager (Grants Administration) Bekaert provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Candidates must demonstrate they are eligible to work in the United States. Cherry Bekaert will not provide work sponsorship for this position.
Cherry Bekaert LLP and Cherry Bekaert Advisory LLC are members of Allinial Global, an accountancy and business advisory global association. Visit us at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Gov't & Public Sector Risk Advisory Manager (Grants Administration) and follow us on [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Gov't & Public Sector Risk Advisory Manager (Grants Administration), [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Gov't & Public Sector Risk Advisory Manager (Grants Administration) [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Gov't & Public Sector Risk Advisory Manager (Grants Administration) or [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Gov't & Public Sector Risk Advisory Manager (Grants Administration).
© 2022 Cherry Bekaert. All Rights Reserved.
No Agencies Please
- Business Development
- Business Process Improvement
- Business Processes
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 35406299995
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.