ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
Catholic Charities, Diocese of Trenton, is the 15th largest Catholic Charities agency in the U.S. and 10th largest nonprofit within the state of New Jersey with an annual operating revenue of more than $40 million. Annually, a staff of 600 provides more than 100,000 people in Burlington, Mercer, Monmouth and Ocean counties with support related to housing, food, mental health, specialized children's services, addiction treatment and domestic violence services. A private nonprofit recognized by the Chronicle of Philanthropy as one of the most fiscally efficient in the country, the organization uses less than 10 percent of our revenue for administrative costs. We are a recognized leader in trauma-informed work and have pioneered integrated healthcare in the State.
Catholic Charities, Diocese of Trenton, is a great place to work! We are mission-driven, family-friendly, and passionate about service to our communities. We offer a wide variety of exciting career opportunities in the areas of Direct Care, Clinical, Fundraising, Human Resources, I.T., Finance, Marketing, Nursing, and Government Relations. When you join us, you can expect a true focus on work-life balance, competitive salaries, comprehensive benefit programs, and an environment that promotes inclusion. Some of our benefits include: generous paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick time; excellent health & pension plans; and wide array of training and staff development opportunities to earn on-site CEUs.
Catholic Charities is a faith-inspired organization and Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a diverse and inclusive environment for staff as well as for people seeking assistance. To learn more about the agency, please visit our website at : www.catholiccharitiestrenton.org.
JOB SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Senior House Manager, coordinate staff work schedules, oversee petty cash, provide direct services to consumers living at the site(s) and stand in for the Senior House Manager during any absence.
- Coordinate staff work schedules with Senior House Manager, including arranging for substitute coverage when necessary
- Complete all required documentation in accordance with state and federal regulations.
- Ensure staff is knowledgeable of consumer’s stated goals and objectives on the Recovery Plan and implemented accordingly.
- Ensure Principles of Wellness and Recovery are consistently used by all staff.
- Responsible for supervisory responsibilities when filling in for the Senior House Manager.
- Coordinate a schedule of staff meetings on a monthly basis with the Senior House Manager to discuss consumer needs, staff training needs and overall concerns
- Provide direct service and support to consumers
- Develop and oversee a weekly schedule of activities within the house and within the local community to reinforce the learning of community living skills.
- Oversee petty cash and other purchases as necessary.
- Keep current inventories of household and food supplies, and coordinate shopping list.
OTHER DUTIES: As assigned
SUPERVISORY REQUIREMENTS: possibly
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology or related field from an accredited college or university OR a combination of the following: one or more years of college, plus related work experience which equals 4 years, OR HS diploma or equivalent + 4 years of related work experience.
LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS NEEDED: Valid driver’s license