Do you love a challenge? Are you passionate about adding value through process improvement? We are looking for an energetic accounting professional with outstanding analytical capabilities to join our US Financial Reporting organization; a self-starter and enthusiastic team member who is highly organized with excellent attention to detail.
Work you will do
As a Senior, you'll be a critical part of the Financial Reporting team that is responsible for maintaining the financial books and records and the preparation of financial statements of the Deloitte US Firms.
Your specific responsibilities include:
* Assist with maintaining and managing multiple organization structures for all Deloitte entities. This requires in-depth communication with lead business controllers and enabling area leadership to continuously ensure accurate financial reporting and guarantee top customer service.
* Assist in preparation and review of account reconciliations for accuracy and completeness.
* Participate and support financial reporting transformation efforts.
* Prepare various journal entries that enable our various reporting requirements.
* Develop a detailed understanding of the Deloitte Firms' complex infrastructure, eventually becoming a resource for our clients on the matter.
* Assist with establishing guidelines and policies and enforcing internal controls.
* Support team members on special projects (ad-hoc) as needed.
* Ensure deliverables meet work plan for quality and timeliness.
The Financial Reporting group has a view of the overall Firm and works closely with US Firms' Controllership, Financial Planning & Analysis Business Partners, Treasury, and others within Finance and Administration. The group is a hub for the Firm's financial data and works with several other groups to ensure the books and records of the firm are recorded and reported on efficiently and accurately. The team is aligned with Hermitage, TN (just outside of Nashville, TN). This position may be fulfilled remotely and does not require significant travel.
* BA/BS in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, Information Systems Administration or related field
* 2+ years of relevant professional experience required
* Excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal, written and presentation) skills, as the position involves the ability to satisfy and influence various stakeholders, including senior management
* Position will have significant work complexity and requires a strong understanding of accounting theory and its application
* Strong organizational and project management skills - demonstrate ability to plan and manage projects independently along with ensuring high quality deliverables meet work plan specifications and deadlines
* Ability to work in a cross-functional team
* Must be detail oriented and be able to manage multiple priorities and work in a fast-paced dynamic environment
* Ability to travel 0-15% on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
* Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
What's Nice to Have
* Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel required including v-lookups, pivot tables, and macros.
* Knowledge of SAP and HANA reporting or similar accounting software a plus
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $71k - $146k.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
From developing a stand out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Services LP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
Requisition code: 127541
- Accounting Software
- Attention To Detail
- Business Administration