If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Financial discipline and accountability count more today than ever. Which is why your performance and innovation will find a reception here like nowhere else as you help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.
We are currently recruiting for an Accounting Consultant to join our team. This position resides in OptumRx Controllership (Accounting and Finance) and will support the accounting functions of the Specialty Pharmacy business. It will require high attention to detail, problem solving skills, and an innovative mind-set to research, analyze, and articulate findings and propose solutions. Though no direct staff oversight is involved, being able to work collaboratively within a matrix environment to achieve the various initiatives of the finance community will be critical.
- Perform account reconciliations and analyses, prepares journal entries and reviews accounting classifications, in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Involvement in the monthly/quarterly 'close' process
- Supports audit, compliance, and regulatory reporting function by preparing and providing requested data from the GL, Sub-ledgers, or other data repositories
- Maintain general ledger accounts and related activities for the production of financial statements and reports including balance sheet and gross margin reporting
- Serve as a liaison for the Pharmacy accounting team collaborating with other business owners and segments
- Perform ad hoc reporting and analysis and investigate issues providing explanations, interpretations and proposing solutions
- Evaluate financial processes for possible process improvement, which may include better use of existing technology or just a better way to execute the process
- May prepare and deliver presentations to management
- Support GL simplification and standardization projects including automation of financial reports using existing technology tools and development of innovative approaches for continued improvement in efficiency and effectiveness of the overall accounting function
- Perform work in a self-directed manner and work with less structured, more complex issues
- Serve as a resource and mentor to other staff
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in Accounting or equivalent field
- 3+ years of progressive professional experience in finance and/or accounting
- Demonstrated experience working with the general ledger, journal entries, month end close, variance analysis and account reconciliations
- Intermediate use of MS Excel
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Experience with financial systems
- Solid written communication skills
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained.
- Previous project or project management experience
- Public accounting experience
- Microsoft Access
- Experience with financial systems (PeopleSoft Financials, Oracle, and other ERP and related reporting tools: Essbase, Smart View, Hyperion, nVision, PowerBi)
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Accounting Consultant, Accountant, Sr. Accounting Consultant, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota, Irvine, CA, California