Westover Job Corps Center, located in Chicopee, MA provides youth, ages 16 - 24, the academic, technical training, employability and social skills they need to become prepared for successful careers. This is an opportunity to make a social impact!
The following benefits are included with this position:
- FREE medical, vision, dental, short-term and long-term disability for the employee
- 401(k) retirement plan with company paid contributions
- 11 paid Holidays
- Company-paid Life insurance and AD&D Policy
- Pays $26.00 per hour
- NO NIGHTS OR Weekends (On-Call once a month) or Holidays!
- Open year round (no summer shutdown!)
- Part and Full-time position available
Reports to the wellness manager. Performs duties concerned with the prevention of illness and promotion of good health, in compliance with government and management directives.
1. Treat minor injuries and illnesses according to physician instructions as authorized per healthcare guidelines.
2. Conduct cursory medical exams during students first 24 hours on center.
3.. Clean and dress wounds, operate emergency equipment, and provide follow up care, as required.
4. Prepare and administer specified medication and drugs.
5. Review and audit all assigned areas regularly for contractual compliance and effectiveness of delivery of services to student. Prepare related reports.
6. Monitor students on bed rest in health and wellness center.
7. Enter required information in student health records and maintain in an organized manner.
8. Conduct designated health services special programs as assigned.
9. Assist physician or mid-level health care provider when needed.
10. Maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards for a work environment.
11. Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and other center customers.
12. Participate in student employability programs and activities.
13. Support, promote, and enforce the Job Corps’ Zero Tolerance Policy.
14. Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
15. Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.
16. Cultivate and maintain a climate on center which is free of harassment, intimidation and disrespect to provide a safe place for staff and students to work and learn.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Valid Licensed Practical Nurse in the state of employment. One year practical nursing experience required. Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer proficiency also required. Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record, unless waived by management.
- Registered Nurse
- Licensed Practical Nurse
- Acute Care
- Health Facilities