$19.95 to $21.00 hourly
Our client, a non-profit company located near downtown is searching for a Staff Accountant for an Immediate start.
Staff Accountant Summary:
The Staff Accountant is primarily responsible for the timely payment and of all expenditures and the accurate recording of revenues in the accounting system.
• Being the primary contact for all accounts receivables. He or she monitors invoice payments and sends collection correspondence.
• Establishing and maintaining customer relationships through resolving unpaid balances, inquiring about services as requested by the Director of Finance, and maintaining contracts and other paperwork associated with accounts.
• Responsible for the timely and accurate entry of all cash receipts into the accounting system. He or she will apply those receipts to the appropriate open accounts receivable when necessary.
• Able to be the primary contact for all accounts payable. He or she receives invoices, scans them, and sends them to the responsible person for purchase order creation.
• The Staff Accountant will monitor lists of requisitions to ensure they are correctly coded and converted into receivers in a timely manner.
• Establishing and maintaining vendor relationships through resolving unpaid balances, inquiring about pricing for new products and services as requested by the Director of Finance, and maintaining contracts and other paperwork associated with accounts.
• Able to maintain minor reconciliations for Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable.
• Post invoices for non-Federal grants, up to and including TPCN, and Children services funders.
• Reporting as necessary and required requested by leadership and/or funding sources.
• Maintaining taking/scanning in bank deposits.
• Monitoring and entering all payments made via EFT or ACH.
• Maintaining all bank transfer journal entries.
• Reporting as required for nonfederal grants assigned.
• Adhering to safety training and protocols on a daily basis and taking precautionary measure to ensure the safety and well-being of self, others.
• Responsible for protecting the confidentiality of any information or material obtained in the service with the organization to include but not limited to client names and information, services rendered to clients, donors names and gifts, internal and external investigations or results of any investigations, and financial information.
• Every employee is required to take a solution-oriented approach in their interactions and undertakings, as well as being a team member that promotes collaboration and commitment to the Mission and Vision of the organization.
• Other duties as assigned by Finance management.
If you have 2-3 + years as an Staff Accountant with strong attention to detail this position is for you! Contact your local Robert Half office at
or apply online for immediate consideration. Apply online today and start work next week.
- Self-starter, ability to identify issues and resolve problems
- Ability to work within spreadsheets and databases
- Observant, accurate and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- 3+ years of recent and relevant accounting experience
- Comfortable working in a changing and dynamic environment
- Experience with ERP systems
- Skilled in analytical, quantitative and social skills
- Vow to meet business deadlines
- Proficient with spreadsheets and databases
- Quality experience with Computer Data Entry
- Deep understanding of account reconciliation
- General familiarity with Excel Formulas
- Comprehensive knowledge of Accounts Receivable (AR)
- Well-founded grasp of Sage Intacct
- Foundational knowledge in bank reconciliations
- Proven knowledge of payroll
- Accounts Payable (AP) experience
- Practical knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Accounting Entries experience highly desired
- BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Staff Accountant and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Staff Accountant for more information.
- Accounts Payable
- Attention To Detail
- Bank Reconciliation
- Business Relationship Management