The CSI Companies is currently seeking a Certified Medical Coder for a remote coding position to join our team who is passionate about growing as a professional and moving the healthcare industry toward value-based care. PROCODER
This is a full time, remote (work from home) position that requires 40 hours a week (M-F 8am-5pm Central time) and also overtime during the end of the year. Once you have been working for 2 months, you are able to adjust the hours to 7am-3:30pm Central, 8:30am-4:30pm Central, 9am-5:30pm Central etc.
**This is a full time position with the hours mentioned above. We do not offer any part time schedules at our company, so please only apply if you are able to work the hours listed.
This is an ongoing, long term contract position
Qualified candidates MUST be certified through the AAPC or AHIMA for AT LEAST 3 years
The pay is based on education, years of experience, and credentials
- Identify, collect, assess, monitor and document claims and encounter coding information as it pertains to Clinical Condition Categories.
- Verify and ensure the accuracy, completeness, specificity and appropriateness of diagnosis codes based on services rendered.
- Review medical record information to identify all appropriate coding based on CMS categories.
- Complete appropriate paperwork/documentation/system entry regarding claim/encounter information.
- Provide support, education and training related to, quality of documentation, level of service and diagnosis coding consistent with established coding guidelines and standards.
- Monitor Coding changes to ensure that most current information is available.
- Demonstrate analytical and problem-solving ability regarding barriers to receiving and validating accurate information.
- Candidate MUST be AAPC or AHIMA certified for AT LEAST 3 YEARS
- 2+ years of working as a certified medical coder (where coding was 90% or more of your job duties, and you were held to quality and productivity goals).
- Coding certification through AHIMA/ AAPC is required
- Minimum of GED or High School Diploma is required and will be verified
- Excellent written verbal and communication skills
- Technically savvy
- High speed internet with good service available at your home.
**Drug test, background check, credential verification, and education check (HS/GED) are required for this position