To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Mobile, AL 36560
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Learning & Development Representative
AM/NS Calvert • Mobile, AL
Posted 4 days ago
Requisition ID: 12050
Created in February 2014 through a 50/50 joint venture of the world’s largest and second largest steelmakers, ArcelorMittal and Nippon Steel Corporation, AM/NS Calvert is located in Calvert, AL. Our state-of-the-art steel processing facility has the capacity to process 5.3 million tons of high-value steel grades including hot rolled bands, hot rolled pickled and oiled, cold rolled, and advanced coated products for the automotive, pipe and tube, appliance/HVAC, service center and construction industries in the NAFTA market.
AM/NS Calvert products are marketed in NAFTA through managing joint venture partner ArcelorMittal.
- Assist in the coordination of the development of the strategic design, implementation, evaluation and continuous improvement of the corporate learning processes at the Business Unit/Department/ Organizational level. (Professional/Technical Development and Manufacturing/Maintenance Skills Training).
- Assists with the consulting and the performing of assessments; to determine performance/ learning gaps and the reasons for these gaps in the areas of business
- Assists with the development and implementation of continuous improvement plans and initiatives to close identified gaps aligned to business drivers
- Assists in the consulting with other areas of HR for professional advice and contracting of specialized services
- Assists in the analysis and support of strategies that are to be integrated and aligned with overall L&D/HR System (ADDIE) and manufacturing and non-manufacturing strategies (e.g., CBLS, Knowledge Transfer and Critical Skills Assessments)
- Assists in the determination, development and implementation of cost-effective knowledge theory/learning strategies to achieve the business objectives and support the required skill building and development for employees at the business unit/department/organizational level
- Assists with the coordination and the maintaining of learning and development evaluation procedures and analysis of feedback in order to effectively evaluate the impact of development activities at all levels
- Coordinates and facilitates L&D administration within the business unit/department/organizational level
- Utilizes standards, tools, systems and processes that support learning & development
- Coordinates all Learning Management System(s) activities at the business unit/department/organizational level
- Assists with the coordination of the business unit/department activities to ensure compliance of the L&D process to the external customer audit
- Assists with the coordination and support any change management activities associated with the deployment of L&D processes at the business unit/department/organizational level
- Assists in the sustainment of the L&D process by ensuring all route team content developed is cascaded into all applicable elements of the CBLS
- Develops and maintains collaborative working relationships to continually identify, prioritize, and evaluate learning & development opportunities (within assigned areas of responsibility)
- Participates in special projects and committees as required
- Coordinates and manages internal and external programs and training providers
- Assists in the identification and development of key performance and competency indicators and report scorecard measures at all organizational levels
- Assists in the coordination of the apprenticeship program
- Assists in maintaining relationships with the governing bodies
- Assists in the review of budget, and performance, audit to ensure compliance to the program
- Assists with recommendations for improvement to development opportunities
- Assists with input into the hiring of candidates aligned to the workforce plan
- Fulfills the commitment to ensure a safe and healthy work environment
- Fulfills the responsibilities required to achieve the Quality Commitment
- Demonstrates commitment to teamwork by fostering an environment that embodies trust and respect
- Ensure working knowledge of competencies as defined in ISO 14001:2015, ISO 45001, IATF 16949:2016 and ISO 17025:2017
EDUCATION & ACCREDITATION:
- Bachelor’s Degree Human Resources, Business Administration, Organizational Development, or related field, with minimum of 1-2 years of job-related experience
- Prefer training experience in a manufacturing environment
- General knowledge of business processes and manufacturing processes is required
- Working knowledge of Human Resources processes, tools and systems is required
- Working knowledge of Learning and Development processes and tools is required
- Working knowledge of adult learning principles, course and program design is required
- Working knowledge of external customer audit process is required
- Ability to coach and mentor leaders and employee
- Demonstrates strong decision-making, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Able to competently handle a fast-paced environment, with strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal communications skills, written and verbal
- Demonstrates strong work ethic and displays a high degree of professionalism
- Interest and ability to work at our site location in Calvert, Alabama
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT:
- Laptop, Desk Phone, Cell Phone
- Office Environment
HOURS OF WORK:
- Days, Monday to Friday with extended hours as required due to periods of peak workloads
Please note: The Job Profile is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties.
If you need an accommodation to complete any part of the application process due to a disability or medical condition, you may call 251-289-3000 or email AMNS.ApplicantTracking@arcelormittal.com to communicate your accommodation request. Do not email your application materials to this email address. Application materials sent to this email address will not be considered.
AMNS Calvert is an EEO Employer: Race, Color, National Origin, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Disability, Age, Vet, and Other Protected Group Status.