The health and safety of our employees is our credo, moral obligation, and at the core of our business practices.
How we are keeping our employees and customers safe:
- Strict adherence to CDC Guidelines
- Enhanced vehicle cleaning/disinfecting measures with concentrated focus on high frequency touch areas
- PPE Distribution (Hand Sanitizer, masks, gloves)
- Social Distancing Enforced
- Enhanced facility cleaning/disinfecting measures with concentrated focus on high frequency touch areas
- Daily temperature checks
Transdev wants you! We are currently hiring talented, science and technology driven individuals to join our autonomous vehicle division in San Francisco, CA.
The Self-Driving Vehicle Operator will be responsible for operating, testing various technologies, and collecting data.
The position offers the following –
- Starting rate is $23 per hour/ $24 per hour after training
- Career advancement opportunities/Increased Wages
- Work schedule: We operate 7 days a week. [5 day workweek]
- Available shifts– AM & PM
- Benefits after 90 days
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Days
- And Much More!
Questions? Email: AvJobsTransdev.com
Positions are filling fast! Apply Today!
- Maintain Transdev’s high standard of safety, inside and outside of the vehicle;
- Consistently demonstrate situational awareness, an understanding of the technology in his/her care, and a willingness to constantly adjust to changes in the environment;
- Be the deputy for technology by communicating courteously always with management, engineers, and the public;
- Operate/Drive in single and/or dual driving mode for 6-8 hours a day alone or with a co-driver, five days a week; able to sit still for long periods of time;
- Capable of responding quickly to changing and potentially high-pressure environments;
- Work mostly individually but also in small groups of 2-10 people;
- Monitor multiple software systems with constant focus;
- Provide concise, clear, and accurate verbal and written feedback regarding the vehicle’s operations;
- Complete daily reports and document procedures and tests.
- Interact with the members of the public and educate them on self-driving technology.
- Operate self-driving vehicle on both defined and undefined routes, including a variety of environmental conditions.
- Operate onboard data recording computers;
- Comfortable riding as a passenger in a self-driving vehicle, where the driver may have little control over the vehicle’s operations.
- Comply with Transdev’s Autonomous Vehicle Division zero-tolerance policy regarding the use of alcohol or drugs by self-driving vehicle operators during a shift, including randomized drug testing; and
- Other duties as required
Education, Licensing, and Certifications Required :
- Must be 21 years old;
- High School Diploma or GED required. Four-year college degree (preferred) in a related field like industrial or applied sciences;
- Must have and maintain a driving record that meets state AVT (Autonomous Vehicle Tester) and/or other applicable regulations and laws; and
- Meets driver requirements, including driving record and criminal history under applicable regulations and laws in the state(s) in which the self-driving vehicle monitor will be working.
- Ability to parallel park with minimal assistance.
- Upon acceptance of work, must be willing to be enrolled in a commercial driving program, including a randomized drug testing program
- Minimum of 3 years of experience driving on public roads. Additional experience is preferred;
- Proficiency with a laptop computer and GSuite apps (i.e. Gmail, Hangouts, and Driver, including Sheets and Docs);
- Proficiency with using a touchscreen smartphone (Android preferred by not required); and
- Must be able to type at least 40 adjusted wpm.
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Must have good attention to detail and be able to quickly and concisely describe their thoughts;
- Capable of responding quickly and simultaneously to multiple scenarios;
- Adapt quickly to new and developing technology;
- Cross-functional verbal and written communication and issue escalation;
- Must be able to multitask multiple technologies, including communications devices and vehicle status systems
- Must be able to work specific shifts, including early mornings, evenings, and/or weekends, as well as overnight shifts and travel for up to one month;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; and
- Must be self-motivated and demonstrate good judgement, in fast-paced, high stress environments.
The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, and the requirements and conditions listed in this job description are representative only and not exhaustive of the tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Transdev reserves the right to revise this job description at any time.
- Must submit to a drug test and background check
- Driving Record
- Occasional standing, walking, and sitting.
- Long periods of sitting.
- Use hands to finger; handle or feel; and talk or hear; climb stairs and/or ladders.
- Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.
- Must use close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Most work is accomplished outdoors in a vehicle.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Transdev will also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to pass a drug screen and background check
Job Locations US-CA
Posted Date 4 months ago (8/3/2020 11:06 AM)
Requisition ID 2020-13070
Internal Code #TNA
Internal Reference 361
Internal Code 3 Ind1
Company/Division Alternative Services
Attention To Detail