Join Aya Healthcare, winner of multiple Top Workplace awards!
The Senior Java Engineer will be an integral part of our growing product team, solving challenging engineering problems quickly and efficiently, and creating frameworks and API’s. He or she will bring expertise as a Java Developer to a growing and innovative organization and will play a key part in systems design, development, programming, consultation and support.
Who We Are:
We’re a $4 billion, rapidly growing workforce solutions provider in the healthcare industry. We deliver tech-enabled services that help healthcare organizations meet and manage their contingent labor needs. We build and manage tech-enabled marketplaces for national and local healthcare talent and deliver contingent labor management solutions through our proprietary software platform.
At Aya, we’re obsessed with creating exceptional experiences for our clients, clinicians and employees. In fact, we put employee satisfaction above all else. Our team members are responsible for incomparable customer experience and we know that happy employees are critical to maintaining happy clients. We foster an entrepreneurial, high-energy, low-bureaucracy culture and value innovative thinking and creative problem solving. We embrace diversity in thought and backgrounds unified by a commitment to high achievement. When you join Aya, you’ll be surrounded by teammates who care about you as an individual and leaders who will help you grow both personally and professionally.
- Provide senior-level Java development
- Make recommendations as to feasibility of implementation of modified or new technologies and / or frameworks
- Maintain and apply strong understanding of business practices to effectively fulfill responsibilities while working on multiple high-priority tasks
- Play an active role in the design and development of new code
- Participate in scrum agile development process
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Math, or Engineering preferred.
- 4+ years of proven background in building, scaling, and operating large scale backend (Java version 10 or higher) applications
- Proficiency with RESTful API, Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes, and cloud
- Java development while utilizing technologies such as Spring Boot, Spring Java, Spring MVC, JPA or similar experience.
- Experience working with enterprise solution delivery in a large-scale distributed software design environment is a plus.
- Experience working in Agile based development environment, using Agile concepts such as Continuous Integration, TDD, and Paired Programming.
- Experience with emerging cloud platform technologies, preferably Microsoft Azure
- Preferred Skills: Junit test; Application Server (JBoss, Tomcat, WAS, WebSphere Portal, IIS) architecture and services
- Preferred Skills: DB Modeling, DB , DB optimization and of related SQL programming objects
What We Offer:
- Free premium medical, dental, life and vision insurance
- Generous 401(k) match
- Celebrations! We hit our goals and reward ourselves. Company-sponsored virtual events, happy hours and team-building activities are always on the horizon — plus, you get a special treat on your birthday!
- Unlimited PTO — we believe in time off!
- Virtual yoga, meditation or boot camp classes offered daily
Aya Is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO) and welcomes all to apply. Please click [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Sr Java Developer[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Sr Java Developerfor our EEO policy.
- Test Driven Development (Tdd)
- Agile Software Development
- Scrum (Software Development)
- Java Persistence Api
- Systems Design