To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Jeffersonville, IN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Director of Operations
Taylor Corporation • Jeffersonville, IN
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Taylor Communications is seeking a Director of Operations in Jeffersonville, Indiana, to direct and controls the production, quality assurance, and administrative segments of the division’s operations. This position is responsible for assuring attainment of profit, growth and market penetration objectives according to plan, as well as providing support to the Sales team to achieve customer service objectives, interacting with Sales personnel and Customers, and actively engaging in positive management leadership to build and maintain a positive and productive work environment for all division personnel.
- Monday – Friday, days (occasional nights and weekends)
- Selects, develops, trains and motivates staff to ensure attainment of short and long term growth objectives.
- Directs the Production Manager and Shift Supervisors in the operation of a multiple shift manufacturing facility, including development of a highly responsive production team.
- Directs the plant team on quality & service improvement and continuous improvement in all aspects of the business.
- Develops and improves measurement and control systems to ensure highly effective performance in the areas of productivity, quality and cost containment.
- Develops business plans and budgets to contribute to the overall growth and profitability of the Company.
- Oversees the effective management of inventory control, warehousing, planning/scheduling and delivery.
- Keeps VP of Manufacturing apprised of progress toward objectives through monthly progress reports and financial reporting.
- Identifies areas requiring improvements and ensures the appropriate production or administrative functional areas implement necessary actions.
- Directs the development of preventive maintenance programs for the physical facility and plant equipment.
- Responsible for promoting and maintaining a safe work environment in compliance with OSHA and company standards for all employees.
- Supports the implementation of automated systems throughout the plant.
- Remains informed of competitive activities, trends in the market, as well as maintains a sound relationship with customers.
- BS Business, Industrial Engineering, Graphic Arts, Printing Management or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 7-10 years broad management experience in a manufacturing plant.
- Previous experience in purchasing, automated inventory control, budgeting and productivity measurement.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of all functional areas (manufacturing, finance, sales/marketing, etc.)
- Strategic planning and demonstrated skills at writing implementable business plans.
- Adaptability; ability to balance needs of production and sales/customers.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Intermediate PC Skills - Computer / measurement systems knowledge; proficient in spreadsheet applications, web browser / internet navigation.
- Strong planning / organizational skills.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to effectively manage and motivate employees.
- Results oriented.
- Ability to find innovative approaches to solving problems and accomplishing goals.
- Ability to travel 10-20%.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration
About Our Company
Our Total Rewards package of benefits and compensation reflects our bold commitment to creating opportunity and security for employees.
We offer an attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary, and a competitive benefit package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401K plan, profit sharing, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday Pay. Eligible employees may take advantage our health, dental & vision benefits, as well Holiday Pay beginning the first day of employment.
Taylor Communications is a go-to-market subsidiary of Taylor Corporation. For more than a century, we've been providing outstanding service and developing innovative products that leverage the technology of our time. By providing market-specific insights and a compelling portfolio of solutions to the healthcare, financial services, commercial and industrial markets, we have become the recognized leader in the management and execution of mission-critical communications.
For more information, visit www.taylorcommunications.com.