MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
Our client, a commercial and retail GC, is looking for a Project Manager to join their team.
Our client, a commercial and retail GC, is looking for a Project Manager to join their team. This company specializes in unique and boutique style commercial and retail projects across the US. The ideal candidate is someone who has retail construction experience and is looking to grow their career. As a PM, this person will need to travel ~40% of the time.
- Managing the day-to-day field activities to ensure that the project milestone dates and overall schedule completion date is met
- Maintain project logs, submittal logs and develop change orders
- Copy and assemble all paperwork, including Subcontract Agreements and Addendum's
- Send and keep track of Notice to Proceed letters to Subcontractors and Suppliers
- Will be expected to direct all aspects of construction phases from estimating to project completion
- Will be responsible for managing several projects at a time
- Communicate all information from the architects to those impacted
- Prepare and maintain all project files
- Assist with distribution of plans to Subcontractors and Suppliers for bidding
- Ability to handle general construction issues with creative problem solving and researching capabilities and to bring solutions to the problems without direction
- Will be responsible for tracking the project against its schedule, budget and against phase review objectives, reporting status to management and customer on a regular basis, and executive staff on an as needed basis
- 2+ years of experience in retail construction
- Must be highly ethical, detail oriented, flexible and personable
- Cost control and budgeting experience
- Conceptual estimating skills based on architectural drawings
- Know purchase orders and PM documentation
- H/V/D benefits
- Per diem for all travel expenses
- Cell phone, tablet, and laptop provided