At Carvana, we sell cars but we aren’t car salesmen. Our promise is simple: we won’t sell a car to a customer that we wouldn’t sell to our own Mom. Period. To make sure our car’s are in first-rate condition, we’ve built multiple vehicle Reconditioning Centers around the country, where our cars are inspected, perfected, and photographed before reaching the Carvana website. Using our Carvana Certified 150-point inspection process, we’re able to verify that every vehicle meets our rigorous mechanical and cosmetic standards.
We strive to provide only the highest quality vehicles to our customers in our mission to deliver a no-hassle, better car buying experience. We are actively looking for passionate and talented individuals who can help us deliver on that promise.
Think you’ve got what it takes to join our team? Keep reading below to see what we’re looking for!
About the team and position
As a Line Lead in our Cosmetic department, you will have the opportunity to work at one of our Inspection Centers, directly managing and developing a team of hourly associates while leading the team to provide necessary automotive parts to our teams in a timely and cost-efficient manner. This role will work closely with associates, and production leaders across the Inspection Center to successfully find and order needed automotive parts and manage our inventory. The ideal candidate will be goal-oriented, approachable, energetic, and self-motivated, with the ability to interact and communicate with all levels of the organization at the Inspection Center.
What you’ll be doing
- Manage the safe movement of cars within the department to ensure cars flow through the process while meeting or exceeding set production and quality goals
- Possess the autobody experience necessary to look at a car and accurately assess what type of work it needs
- Train the team to assess the autobody of a car and develop a proper repair plan that meets manufacturer specifications and Carvana standards
- Lead a team of production associates and partner with the Inspection Center General Manager to repair or reject inventory based on estimated cost of repairs and/or the overall quality of the vehicle
- Train the team on Standardized Work and 5s methodology, ensuring that effective practices are consistently being implemented on the line
- Implement and train the team to best practices on identifying and completing repairs effectively and efficiently the first time, to minimize rework and delays in production
- Utilize our standard reporting tool IMS to identify and problem solve for misses, issues, and inefficiencies within your line
- Conscientiously work in ways that decrease possibility of injury to yourself or other team members in the shop due to spills or other preventable hazardous conditions
- Meet or exceed inventory production goals on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Conduct business within Carvana policies and procedures
- Effectively manage the time and attendance of all team members with integrity
- Act ethically, with integrity and in the best interest of the customer and the business at all times
- Portray a positive image of Carvana and set the tone for your team by actively participating in the creation of a positive, professional work environment
- Drive the development of team members through consistent evaluation of team performance and by giving thoughtful individualized feedback to each team member on a regular basis
- Other duties as assigned
What you should have
The qualifying candidate must love helping people and possess the drive to achieve superior customer satisfaction. They must be goal-oriented, enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, with the ability to interact and communicate with all levels of the organization
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- Vocational/Technical degree preferred, but not required
- Experience supervising/managing a team
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Attention to detail is required as well as the ability to interact with managers and coworkers in a professional, courteous manner
- Some computer/clerical skills required
- An ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing production environment while sometimes being exposed to excessive weather conditions (heat/cold)
What we’ll offer in return
- Full-Time Position with a competitive salary
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy, both physically and mentally
- Access to opportunities to expand your skillset and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have a valid driver's license
- This job position is designated as a safety-sensitive position
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds independently; majority of lifting from knee to shoulder heights; other lifting required from various levels
- Must be able to carry and transport up to 60 pounds up to 20 feet
- Requires standing for extended periods of time with frequent stretching, reaching, walking, stooping, pushing, and/or pulling in an environment that may be cold, hot, noisy, and wet and may have fumes or odors due to vehicle maintenance
- Requires excellent visual acuity and manual dexterity
- Requires use of safety equipment that may include but not limited to face shield or goggles, non-slip shoes, gloves, mask, and other protective garments and equipment
Of course, we’ll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.