Company Name: Quality Food Centers
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Assist the department manager in reaching sales and profit goals established for the department, and monitor all established quality assurance standards. Assist in directing and supervising all functions, duties and activities for the department. Support the day-to-day functions of the Produce operations. Embrace the Customer 1st strategy and encourage associates to deliver excellent customer service. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
* Promote trust and respect among associates.
* Communicate company, department, and job specific information to associates.
* Collaborate with associates and promote teamwork to help achieve company/store goals.
* Adhere to all local, state and federal laws, and company guidelines.
* Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold within the department and throughout the store.
* Order, label, stock and inventory department merchandise.
* Prepare fruit and vegetable platters/trays.
* Offer product samples to help customers discover new items or products they inquire about.
* Review/inspect products for quality and freshness and take appropriate action with those items.
* Recommend produce items to customers to ensure they get the products they want and need.
* Display a positive attitude.
* Inform and educate department associates about current, upcoming and special in-store promotions, especially promotions that affect the department.
* Maintain an awareness of inventory/stocking conditions; note any discrepancies in inventory.
* Train department associates on inventory/stocking and Computer Assisted Ordering.
* Ensure proper temperatures in cases and coolers are maintained and temperature logs are maintained.
* Use all equipment in produce department such as the refrigerators, freezers, knives, baler, u-boats, compactor, forklift, and pallet jacks according to company guidelines.
* Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
* Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment and notify appropriate department or store manager of any items in need of repair.
* Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
* Report all safety risk, or issues, and illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud.
* Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
* Effective communication skills
* Knowledge of basic math (counting, addition, and subtraction)
* Ability to handle stressful situations
* Current food handlers permit once employed
* Must be at least 18 years of age
Desired Previous Job Experience
* High school education or equivalent preferred
* Management experience preferred
* Produce experience
* Retail experience
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Part-Time
Shift(s): Day; Evening
Jobs at Food 4 Less: At Food 4 Less, our people make us who we are. They are more than just our associates, they're part of the communities we serve. We offer a variety of exciting opportunities in every area of our operation. Whether you want to create a fast, fun and friendly shopping experience for customers in our stores or you want to be part of our innovative corporate team at our headquarters in Los Angeles, Food 4 Less is always looking for outstanding associates. Our associates enjoy competitive pay and excellent benefits, along with a positive work environment built on mutual respect and professionalism. If you are interested in building and advancing your career with Food 4 Less, we invite you to complete an online application today.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner names. At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: WA || Seattle || 417 Broadway E Box 2 || 98102 || Quality Food Centers || [[mfield2]] || Customer Service; Store Operations || Employee || Non-Exempt || Part-Time || None
- Construction Plant Operation
- Customer Experience
- Customer Service
- Forklift Truck