Veolia is a global company, operating in countries around the world. We are looking for people who have a passion for delivering innovative, sustainable solutions that meet our customer needs for a better, healthier, safer life.
Veolia is seeking an Operating Technician for its James River facility located in Richmond, VA.
The Operating Technician is required to work a 12 hour rotating shift (including days, nights, weekends, and holidays).
This position involves being multi-skilled to handle a variety of tasks without direct supervision. It is a high performance work environment. Employees are expected to perform additional duties aimed at site safety, continuous improvement, or fundamental site maintenance. Selection will be based on personal skill and desire to expand personal knowledge, growth, and abilities.Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
All applicants must successfully complete onsite assessments to be considered for this role. Job relocation and/or travel assistance for assessments will not be offered.
- Start up and shut down (normal and emergency) plant systems and components.
- Operate, monitor and control plant systems; visually inspect, monitor equipment and process conditions.
- Prepares equipment for maintenance work.
- Reviews, follows and, if qualified, revises detailed process operating procedures, maintenance procedures and safety procedures.
- Troubleshoots equipment to restore to operation.
- Analyzes charts and logs to identify potential or actual problems.
- Identifies system problems to stabilize plant to normal conditions.
- Trains new operators in the area, reinforcing safety and environmental principles.
- Loading and unloading of railcars and tank trucks.
- Perform laboratory analysis of products.
- Clerical duties as required.
- Operate mobile equipment.
- Participate/Lead various site teams.
The James River site was commissioned in September 1947. Burning Sulfur to manufacture fresh sulfuric acid. The fresh sulfuric acid is sent via pipeline to DuPont or via tank truck or railcar to other customers.Successful candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without accommodation.
At Veolia, you will find sustainability in our vision, our business and your future.
Veolia is an equal opportunity employer.
Veolia is an E-Verify employer.
QUALIFICATIONS: The following skill sets are required by the site:
The following skill sets are preferred by the site:
- High School Diploma/GED equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment
- Ability to navigate the tools of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel), Google and learn new computer systems and software applications as required
- Willing and able to work 12-hour rotating shifts, including overtime, nights, weekends, holidays and short notice call-in if required
- Willing and able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Willing and able to work in a High Hazard environment; outdoors, indoors, elevated heights and confined spaces
- Willing and able to wear required PPE (personal protective equipment) such as steel toes, hardhat, protective eyewear, face shields, respirator, chemical acid suit, etc.
- Willing and able to climb stairs, ladders; stand, walk, stoop, bend, kneel, crawl; visual acuity for close work; able to reach overhead; able to hear and respond to alarms
- Current and valid driver’s license – willing and able to obtain powered industrial truck certification
- Experience maintaining, repairing and troubleshooting industrial equipment/machinery
- High Hazard/Chemical operations experience
- Experience reading and interpreting Schematics, Pipe & Instrumentation Diagrams, Procedures, Manufactures’ Literature, Safety Requirements, General Instructions; ability to learn and detect process deviations
- Experience operating fork trucks
- Experience with SAP or equivalent Manufacturing Operations software
Personal Protective Equipment
Complex Problem Solving