EMCOR Government Services offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations. By combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects and long-term value.
Job Title: Maintenance Apprentice
Job Summary: EMCOR Government Services has an immediate need for a Maintenance Apprentice in Washington, DC.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist tradesmen general maintenance tasks.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Working in physically restrictive spaces with limited lighting and headroom
- Able to use basic hand tools such as, but not limited to, screwdrivers, wrenches, pliers, or hammers
- Able to work in spaces or areas that are not climate-controlled, e.g., may be hot, cold, humid, or a combination of these
- Able to distinguish colors, such as used in electrical wiring
- Able to communicate verbally and in writing in English
- Unless a higher degree is specified in this job posting, all positions require a minimum high school diploma or equivalent (GED).
Physical Requirements: In an 8-hour day, must be able to continually bend, squat, kneel, lift, twist, climb, reach, stand and walk; to use hands for repetitive pushing, pulling, and single grasp motion; and to frequently lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds and to move objects in excess of 100 pounds, and travel by government or company vehicle to work location or to other destinations as required.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled.